iPad 3 display products kicks off says analyst

What 10 inch tablet uses AMOLED?

the tech isnt there yet so IPS will be the only way for them to go unfortunately...samsung has managed to make AMOLED up to 7.7inch so far.....

Im guessing the ipad three will have a quad core cpu to take on the new generation of androids before they cut into its market share,i just cant see it being anything less.

Although I have to say that with ice cream sandwich i see android tabs taking a much much larger chunk of the market than ever before and next year we may just see the android tablet revolution,we've already seen it in the phone arena where androids have topped apples market share.

Wonder what the price will be, hopefully iPad 2 prices will drop.

What happened to all the iPad 1'ssssssssss?

they selling quite cheap,i seen them going for just over R2000

Where bid or buy?

A friend of mine sold his last week for R2200 and i seen one or two for around R2500 on junkmail/gumtree but they are scarce,maybe ipad 1 didnt sell so well in sa or people are holding onto them?

Last edited:
That needs a quad and a serious gpu...

Lol still dreaming of the day we see the retina on the iPad, but that will be insane to run!
Well looking at tegra 3 i think we can safely assume next gen tablets will have more than enough power.

It's just amazing how fast the mobile/tablet space is moving.

Well looking at tegra 3 i think we can safely assume next gen tablets will have more than enough power.

It's just amazing how fast the mobile/tablet space is moving.

True but hopefully its going to fizzle out just like the laptop and desktop pc scene,sure it gets faster every year but your hardware lasts much much longer than what it use to in 2000 lol those were crazy times....tablets are in that space now,a few months later and you like quite far behind the newest tablets at this pace!

True but hopefully its going to fizzle out just like the laptop and desktop pc scene,sure it gets faster every year but your hardware lasts much much longer than what it use to in 2000 lol those were crazy times....tablets are in that space now,a few months later and you like quite far behind the newest tablets at this pace!
Gaming is what creates most the need to upgrade most of the time. Pc's have been fast enough for about 5 years now if you take gaming out of the equation.

Once we get retina displays i think hardware wise tablets will essentially be complete for most non gaming users. Beyond that, perhaps battery life can improved, but i agree with you, the current need to upgrade will slow down for most people. Nobody really upgrades their iPods every year.

Software upgrades are in many ways more important than hardware upgrades.

Agreed, gaming does drive it much faster than it would otherwise,I remember when stuff like the riva tnt were launched and when the tnt2 came out it made the old one look really really weak!nowadays its more baby steps than before....we'll get to that stage with tablets no doubt..im guessing that after quadcore it going to be baby step forward?

However screen wise i would have to say super amoled with high pixel density would be close to the pinnacle of display technology.

That needs a quad and a serious gpu...

Lol still dreaming of the day we see the retina on the iPad, but that will be insane to run!
Quad's not necessary but a significant GPU bump will definitely be required to drive that monster -- all of this makes me wonder what they have planned for the desktop / laptops.

[)roi(];7286101 said:
Quad's not necessary but a significant GPU bump will definitely be required to drive that monster -- all of this makes me wonder what they have planned for the desktop / laptops.

Well that's something I'm quite interested in, majority of desktop monitors seem to focus on Full HD resolution, will be great to desktops matching today's GPU outputs.

I expect Samsung will follow through shortly with a 2049×1537 display tablet soon.

A friend of mine sold his last week for R2200 and i seen one or two for around R2500 on junkmail/gumtree but they are scarce,maybe ipad 1 didnt sell so well in sa or people are holding onto them?

I am holding on to mine... purely because iPad 2 and the Jailbreak issue.

As for the 2049×1537, are they insane? Not good if you planning to use HDMI, cause of the whole resizing the screen issue.

I am holding on to mine... purely because iPad 2 and the Jailbreak issue.

As for the 2049×1537, are they insane? Not good if you planning to use HDMI, cause of the whole resizing the screen issue.
I believe he was joking I.e. increased rumored iPad3 vertical & horizontal pixels by 1 to possibly highlight the idiocy of the competition on specs.

Back