Ipad pro 2020 availability ?

bar1

Expert Member
Hi ,
anyone have any idea when the ipad pro 2020 will be available in south Africa?

the iphone SE was announced after and is available as of today.

bar1

Expert Member
i was very against pre ordering without an ETA, but after assuring me i can cancel if i dont want to wait any longer , i pre ordered....

bar1

Expert Member
I see it's available today.
I wanted to get it on the FNB budget deal....only to find out it is not exactly what i thought.

who usually have good contracts on ipads? i think contract is the way to go...or pay cash
but that FNB deal is a bit of a scam, if you ask me.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
I am incredibly tempted by that 12.9 512GB WiFi variant

Not seeing much in the way of cases though, going to keep an eye out for the next month or two.

My iPad Air 2 is in need of replacement at this point, battery is on its last legs and I want a larger screen.

gareths

Anyone heard when the istore will be getting stock of the new Ipad pro 12.9 inch. I just shows as out of stock on the store, but no mention of timelines or if there is a pre-order

master_yoda

Anyone heard when the istore will be getting stock of the new Ipad pro 12.9 inch. I just shows as out of stock on the store, but no mention of timelines or if there is a pre-order
Try going to the istore directly. I managed to get my ipad pro 2020 11 inch wifi/cell by just going in. Although i had given my name to the myistore call centre to be put on a waiting list, and i gave my name to the actual store itself, no one called me, it was by chance, i went to the mall 2 weeks ago and got stock. They even had magic keyboards. But no smart folio covers.....

Crumbl0x

Same with the iPad Air 3rd Gens, I've been told by a third party supplier that Apple currently has a constricted quota to South Africa and no body has ETAs for many of their products, so I'm at a loss for now searching and I don't want to go to a physical store yet to confirm for a while.

lived666

Executive Member
Same with the iPad Air 3rd Gens, I've been told by a third party supplier that Apple currently has a constricted quota to South Africa and no body has ETAs for many of their products, so I'm at a loss for now searching and I don't want to go to a physical store yet to confirm for a while.
I just ordered one from USA with a generic pen, cost a fraction of the Apple pen and works just as well.

Crumbl0x

I just ordered one from USA with a generic pen, cost a fraction of the Apple pen and works just as well.
Oh sweet! How much extra was the import duties and whatnot? If you don't mind telling of course.

lived666

Executive Member
It worked out about 1000 cheaper than local, mainly though as I said because the pen was a generic, not apple, but works the same if not better than Apple pen, but it wasn't about the price, my daughter needed one urgently for work.

Cassady

Expert Member
Still struggling to get the model/capacity I want...
I don't live close enough to an iStore to just waltz in, and as others have mentioned – not much point in putting yourself on a waiting list...

Quite infuriating that the iStore seemingly refuses to list certain models for sale online (i.e. 11" 256GB Wifi only) – whilst having periodic stock of the 128GB versions. I could understand if they wanted to channel people to the stores – but good luck on trying to confirm which shops have stock, and asking that they keep one for you so that you can drive through! :cautious:

Cassady

Expert Member
I got lucky on Tuesday – dropped in on the iStore online, and saw the model I was wanting available – and jumped. Once order went through – went back, and sold out again. Looks like I snagged the last one they had then...

Was hoping to get it into my hands today... But RTT Courier's entire tracking system is down. :mad: So looks like Monday, if I'm lucky...

As an aside – saw people in the States talking about availability dates for the 11" iPad Pros pushing back to August... So think stock is going to be severely constrained this side for a while still...

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Should be taking delivery of mine next week if not the week after, went for the iPad Pro 11inch 256GB WiFi to replace my aging iPad Air 2 which can barely stay on once unplugged, it has served me for about 5 years, insane that it is still getting updates. The Air 2 will be used as a test mule now, already have iPad OS 14 Public Beta on it :ROFL:

I simply couldn’t justify the price of the 512GB 12.9 WiFi that is basically R9K more :X3:, so chose to just upgrade my iCloud storage to 2TB and also don’t need that large of a tablet, I played with the older 12.9 2018 and it seemed a tad cumbersome, I think the 11 should be more manageable coming from a 9.7inch Air 2. I was even tempted to go for that iPad Air 2019 with 10.5inch screen, but I simply could not ignore the 2020 iPad Pros with their 6GB RAM and A12Z that is the same as the chip found in the MacOS Transition kits, that thing is packing A LOT of power. Should hold me over until 2024/25.

Time to do some Case shopping...

Last edited:

Cassady

Expert Member
Should be taking delivery of mine next week if not the week after, went for the iPad Pro 11inch 256GB WiFi to replace my aging iPad Air 2 which can barely stay on once unplugged, it has served me for about 5 years, insane that it is still getting updates. The Air 2 will be used as a test mule now, already have iPad OS 14 Public Beta on it :ROFL:

I simply couldn’t justify the price of the 512GB 12.9 WiFi that is basically R9K more :X3:, so chose to just upgrade my iCloud storage to 2TB and also don’t need that large of a tablet, I played with the older 12.9 2018 and it seemed a tad cumbersome, I think the 11 should be more manageable coming from a 9.7inch Air 2. I was even tempted to go for that iPad Air 2019 with 10.5inch screen, but I simply could not ignore the 2020 iPad Pros with their 6GB RAM and A12Z that is the same as the chip found in the MacOS Transition kits, that thing is packing A LOT of power. Should hold me over until 2024/25.

Time to do some Case shopping...
Awesome device! Good luck on finding the right case – any of the 1st Gen won't fit. Supply was so constrained at iStore and Digicape, went via Amazon – came in quicker and cheaper than anything local.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Awesome device! Good luck on finding the right case – any of the 1st Gen won't fit. Supply was so constrained at iStore and Digicape, went via Amazon – came in quicker and cheaper than anything local.
Haha, yeah it looks like I will have to go into a shop and get, nothing much online, either only crap colours in stock or completely out of stock. The selection is so poor.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Arrived this morning. Very happy, having 120Hz in such a large screen is something I can definitely get used to.
Damn, what a lovely thing!

I'd really love one of these. But I don't think the budget is ever going to allow for it...