I am looking to buy an iPad for use both here in South Africa and in the USA.
As I understand, there are 3 models to choose from (ignoring the memory options):
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MD328LL...4?ie=UTF8&qid=1350542824&sr=8-4&keywords=ipad
A few questions:
1. Is it less expensive to buy in the US? I think I know the answer to this one...
BUT, that leads to the next question:
1. Will one of the 3G models work on SA's mobile networks?
2. Which model - the AT&T or Verizon?
I do know that AT&T cell phones work here - just change the sim and you have a new uncle and all that. Does the tablet work the same?
Logistics is not an issue, this is for someone who travel there and back fairly regularly.
Disclosure: Total newbie in regards to Apple products (and not a fan of Apple), but are forced to look into this.
Thanks for the tolerance - any help appreciated.
As I understand, there are 3 models to choose from (ignoring the memory options):
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MD328LL...4?ie=UTF8&qid=1350542824&sr=8-4&keywords=ipad
A few questions:
1. Is it less expensive to buy in the US? I think I know the answer to this one...
BUT, that leads to the next question:
1. Will one of the 3G models work on SA's mobile networks?
2. Which model - the AT&T or Verizon?
I do know that AT&T cell phones work here - just change the sim and you have a new uncle and all that. Does the tablet work the same?
Logistics is not an issue, this is for someone who travel there and back fairly regularly.
Disclosure: Total newbie in regards to Apple products (and not a fan of Apple), but are forced to look into this.
Thanks for the tolerance - any help appreciated.