iPhone 5 release date confirmed?

McGuywer

Executive Member
A month from now.

Almost here.

Hope it is a greater improvement from say the iPad 2 to the new iPad.

ebendl

Expert Member
A month from now.

Almost here.

Hope it is a greater improvement from say the iPad 2 to the new iPad.

What, the Retina display wasn't enough for you? 4G?

I guess unfortunately that we won't get it within the first couple of weeks after the US release...

GreyBush

Executive Member
When Apple releases the release date then it is confirmed, until then it is still just a rumor.

entrepr

Expert Member
The market is getting better at pre-empting these launches.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple didn't actually feed stuff into the market to help create the ultra-hype

Beam

And the way the consumer hangs on every word that is whispered about new iOS devices are the reason why Apple is the world power it is today. Killer products are one thing, but a hardcore and committed following of not techies but actual users is untouchable.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
It still amazes me how tight lipped Apple are about new products.
It is called marketing strategy. Don't tell me you believe all the images/videos/etc which are being "leaked" are slip-ups by Apple in trying to stay tight-lipped about the iPhone 5? They carefully release this information to the internet/media who goes on to give them free marketing and publicity.

Heaven knows, lately Apple needs all the hype they can get.

Last edited:

GreyBush

Executive Member
It is called marketing strategy. Don't tell me you believe all the images/videos/etc which are being "leaked" are slip-ups by Apple in trying to stay tight-lipped about the iPhone 5? They carefully release this information to the internet/media who goes on to give them free marketing and publicity.

They definitely leak info, almost everyone does it, car manufacturers, game developers, musicians. If you think about it a marketing release might get like a half page article, but if the journo thinks he's got some juicy gossip that no one else has then he makes it into a 2 page expose'.

This lawsuit is also genius, they basically take the hype machine from the pages of tech mags and tech sites into mainstream news... 90% of people, the % that don't follow tech, will only see "apple sues samsung for copying their devices"... they don't delve deeper or even care about the outcome.

greg0205

Honorary Master
What happened lately?

I'd like to know as well... Yesterday their market cap hit a record high, making it the most valuable company ever in the US. Their share price is up 16% since July. They paid their first dividend in nearly 20 years last Thursday. They have a $117 Billion cash stockpile... That doesn't sound like a company desperate for hype if you ask me.

Zen17h

*Secretly hopes it will be an iphone4s2 or something similar to be released instead on a complete redesign

R13...

Honorary Master
*Secretly hopes it will be an iphone4s2 or something similar to be released instead on a complete redesign

It has to be a complete redesign. This is their cash cow, can't afford slip ups there. It's amazing how the whole tech world holds their collective breath waiting on this phone. Even the haters wait in schadenfreude anticipation.

remus786

Expert Member

Its naive to think that leaks aren't orchestrated but outside of what they want you to know its incredible that the behemoth R&D/production/testing process can be kept so secret.

fish_man

Expert Member
So how long after the US launch does SA normally get apple products ?

ebendl

Expert Member
IPhone 4s was released 14 Oct in the states. We got it as part of wave 5 - Dec 16th.

zamicro

Expert Member
I heard that they want to show that it is better than the Samsung S3 and thus the new phone will be called the S4!

piranha786

Expert Member
Wonder on what packages it will come and if it will be similar in price of the 4s