iPhone 6s launch window and new features: reports

McGuywer

Executive Member
I hope the price on a iPhone 6 drops somewhat, my iPhone 4s is getting pretty old.

Ecco

Executive Member
Help me out. How is force touch different to just pressing and holding a a normal touch screen phone?

abzo

Honorary Master
Help me out. How is force touch different to just pressing and holding a a normal touch screen phone?
Different levels of pressure will perform different functions.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
In practice I imagine it will be used like with the new Macbook. It can simulate the feeling of a click and allow for touch sensitive buttons, like a volume or skip button.

EtienneK

Expert Member
I hope they phase out the 16GB models. 32GB should be the absolute minimum this day and age.

krycor

Honorary Master
Unlikely as if they were to do this they would need to take the loss per unit as the entry price is kinda set. Also this year phone subsidies fall away in the US and they've adopted the SA/Worldwide standard of showing how much the cost per month goes into service vs phone payment. This will highlight the cost of the phones hence me thinking they would like to keep the lower end entry price with least loss/greatest profit margin (What CEO will take this loss in their annual report?). Lastly having a 16GB model means the jump to bigger sizes are forced so its used as a carrot, I think as an industry, the phone industry needs to make this change for apple to follow as they will unlikely move that way when on the dev side they are eliminating need for mass storage and making add-on sales of cloud storage a need via small devices.