iPhone headphones to headphone jack

46Female

Expert Member
what is the cheapest headphone jack to get I have iPhone headphones that I need to use on a iMac to have Teams Meetings and the iMac has a headphones jack. I need to buy a converter. where can I get one from im in Cape Town.
thanks

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Are you saying you have EarPods with a Lightning connector?

Quite honestly if you can’t get the adaptor for free just buy a new pair of earphones with a 3.5mm jack, it makes much more financial sense.

46Female

Expert Member
no I have this and it doesn't plug into the iMac that im working on, I need the Jack Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 8.13.26 PM.png

greg0205

Honorary Master
What 6spdmanual said.

Apple's lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack works the wrong way around for you..

mmx62zma.jpeg

Have an old one lying around somewhere, cost about R250 odd IIRC.

Buy some throw-away 3.5mm earphones and be done with it.

Ghost64

Expert Member
Anything over R100 and you wasting your money. I’d rather get a good brand generic AirPod pros for both phone and mac...

D tj

Expert Member
As above, Apple, non Apple may have mic issues....possibly sort via sound in syspref.

_kabal_

Expert Member
In really doubt there exists a lightning to 3.5mm adapter that actually works properly, including the microphone

Speedster

Honorary Master
Borrow some? We probably have about 7 old sets op earphones that came bundled with cellphones over the years lying around. Or get a cheapish set of Volkano Bluetooth earphones from clicks

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
what is the cheapest headphone jack to get I have iPhone headphones that I need to use on a iMac to have Teams Meetings and the iMac has a headphones jack. I need to buy a converter. where can I get one from im in Cape Town.
thanks
Join the meeting from both :/

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Would still need new / other earphones. In this case the iMac isn't the one being difficult, it's the iPhone

PCs, famous for their Lightning ports.

And much cheaper than a R16 adapter.

It comes down to this
@46Shemale just has the worst ever luck with Apple products when you read her/she/its threads that keep popping up this year regarding her/it/she problems with Apple. ;)