iPod-like offline music/mp3 player that runs Android?

ThreeThirds

Yes, in this day and age I'm looking for a decent tiny music player that runs Android so I can install Google Music on it and play my offline files on the go.

Things I've considered and why they were discarded:
  1. Get a smartwatch - you get some really cheap ones on Gearbest.
    Tried it, got one. I have a Fitbit on my arm (and a few bands) and another arm device is just too much.

2. So get a Fitbit Versa then - it plays MP3s after all.
    Too bulky! I'm quite happy with my Alta HR + a few armbands to express my snowflakenessity. I want to put the player in my pocket!

3. Get a tiny smartphone then! They're a dime a dozen these days.
    None of the Android smartphones in SA are tiny enough. I looked at the Nokia 1 and at 113 gram it's heavier than my iPod touch, which is too bulky on a run already.

4. What about something like the Mighty player?
    It would be just perfect if it wasn't a Spotify-exclusive device.

5. So move over to Spotify then so you can use the Mighty player!
    My hole family and all my playlists are already on my Google Music family plan ecosystem.

6. So back to Gearbest then, maybe something on there?
    Ehm... Aramex miffed me off the last times I ordered from there. I'm not having any luck on there anyway: See this. I prefer to hear if someone on here has had some device they think meets my requirement.
So basically I'm looking for an iPod Nano that runs Android... I think the Jelly Phone is cute btw.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Try wear os devices like the Polar M600 or a smart watch like the Huawei watch 2

ThreeThirds

1. Get a smartwatch - you get some really cheap ones on Gearbest.
    Tried it, got one. I have a Fitbit on my arm (and a few bands) and another arm device is just too much.

2. So get a Fitbit Versa then - it plays MP3s after all.
    Too bulky! I'm quite happy with my Alta HR + a few armbands to express my snowflakenessity. I want to put the player in my pocket!
Try wear os devices like the Polar M600 or a smart watch like the Huawei watch 2
Thanks @Hamish McPanji , but that was my first try and as you can see it wasn't really an option.

Lupus

Honorary Master
My Sony smart watch and my LG style both allow offline play and the LG is positively tiny on my wrist.
Also there really isn't any smartphone that's going to be tiny?