Is it just me or does Billie Eilish suck hairy...

SoldierMan

Expert Member
...coconuts?

I heard that she had won a bunch of awards and was curious as to what she sounded like.
Went on Youtube and... my word, wtf is that crap?! Just a bunch of barely audible moaning and mumbling. Is it all about the video that it goes with?

Can someone point me to a good Eilish song or is it all rubbish.

Naks

Expert Member
It's all rubbish, unless you need to test your subwoofer, in which case Bad Guy is a good track to do so

• Haha
Reactions: Fro

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
...coconuts?

I heard that she had won a bunch of awards and was curious as to what she sounded like.
Went on Youtube and... my word, wtf is that crap?! Just a bunch of barely audible moaning and mumbling. Is it all about the video that it goes with?

Can someone point me to a good Eilish song or is it all rubbish.
You just jello she did the latest Bond theme and it's awesome.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
She's fairly creative in her space, but not someone I'm a huge fan of.

waylander

Expert Member
Okay got a good song you can recommend then?
Ocean Eyes
When The Party’s Over
Bad Guy ft. Justin Bieber

Those three, are my favourite. I don't quite like Bad Guy but Justins vocals in that version are great.

OCP

Expert Member
Not a fan of her music (my kids on the other hand...) but she writes/co-writes her own music and can sing without auto-tune so I respect her for that.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I enjoy her music, and I honestly don't what you mean by moaning and mumbling. Then again, people think death metal's just horrible noise and electronic music's just the sound of autistic robots ****ing. Point is, it's subjective (in terms of our enjoyment of it).

I guess if you're really interested, just listen to her two albums: Don't Smile at Me / When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

cerebus

Honorary Master
I didn't like her. Then I didn't like her slightly less. Then I could stand her. Then I listened to her voluntarily. Now I'm interested when she drops a new song.

Naks

Expert Member
The best way I can describe her is that she's Björk for Teletubbies...

Voicy

Honorary Master
Not a fan of her music (my kids on the other hand...) but she writes/co-writes her own music and can sing without auto-tune so I respect her for that.
Her music isn't my cup of tea, but watching this video on how she and her brother make their own music in their parents' house has made me respect her more - I won't go out of my way to listen to her music and the mumbling isn't really for me, but I'm glad it exists for those who enjoy it.

Her brother seems to know his stuff and they know how music works. Even the "lazy humming" has a bunch of thought put into it.