Is there business in training people Linux?

Xcallibor

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Location
Pretoria
I intend to open a computer literacy center soon, I will train students in Windows based OS and applications at a fee. Then train Linux for a minimum fee, to push the Linux movement further (especially to disadvantaged communities).

I need to know if there is serious business to be made in Linux? That is to make money through training and distributing the OS on a handling fees manner?

I am asking these as open questions and with no intentions of doing any harm to the free distribution and use of the Operating System
:cool:
 
Last edited:
People may wonder why they would use your service over getting a qualification - that also raises the question of any legal requirements.

I would assume your primary source of business would be businesses that need to train their clients for everyday use of Linux or people from disadvantaged backgrounds. You will need to think how you will market yourself to these people and if you personally have any qualifications regarding the OS and IT in general.
 
I find that many disadvantaged communities without access to computers and internet connectivity are actually willing to learn computers and catch up with the rest of the world. But affording computer literacy classes is still a far distant dream as they are expensive, and self though users are still not breaking the mold because internet connectivity is expensive to afford and maintain.

If there is anyone interested in this type of project, just contact me or post your details. :cool:

Any advice is welcome :D
 
What linux training do you give?

I am running pclinucos (mandrake spinoff) and have a lot to learn.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X