Is this a legit site https://www.techguysa.co.za

Fats2011

I wish to buy a few components for a computer and found this site online and their prices are pretty reasonable but I am unsure if they are legit.

ZAGadgetReviews

Decent effort on the website. Has an address, telephone number (shows up on True Caller as Tech Guy SA Support), has a Youtube channel with videos showing his face matching the website name.

Some of the products are weird. AMD 3000 upgrade kit does not state anything included in the kit but the price. Find that a bit odd. Maybe product still being updated.

As far as I can see, site looks legit and has all the pages (T's & C's, etc). Also, it does have the companies registration on their site. Not sure if anybody has used them before to vouch for them.

epah

Expert Member
Okay honestly guys we are not website detectives, are we going to be getting threads like these daily now

Fats2011

Okay honestly guys we are not website detectives, are we going to be getting threads like these daily now
Apologies if you find the thread irrelevant but I just wanted to know if its a legit site and if someone has purchased from them as I would like to buy a few components from them.

Roo!

Expert Member
I would be very suspicious of a website that is "celebrating it's first birthday" but has a cert signed 9 days ago and is only valid for 3 months!

saor

Honorary Master
I wish to buy a few components for a computer and found this site online and their prices are pretty reasonable but I am unsure if they are legit.
Without even looking at it my suggestion would be that there's enough local places to buy that you don't need to risk these smaller places. Wootware are plenty good.

Fats2011

Without even looking at it my suggestion would be that there's enough local places to buy that you don't need to risk these smaller places. Wootware are plenty good.
Thanks I will definitely check out Wootware.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
I see it’s a sectigo cert and not LE so most likely a trial cert whilst they resolving an issue with their standard cert.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic

Wootware
Rebeltech

Better to spend a bit more to get legit service.

Tech Guy SA

Dealer - Tech Guy SA
Good day All

Thank you for the interest. Upon doing a Google command (Testing something "hotlinks") I found this.

Yes we are legit Best place to provide proof is hellopeter and or google

The question with celebrating a year yet the server was new probably cause i moved servers at that time roughly (Needed something faster and more ram specifically from Mweb to domains) Started operating in 2020 but registered the business in 2018 (took long enough)

Happy to answer any question feel free to contact us not very active on mybroadband its sad to see some of the comments but its safe answers and do understand.

Personally calling the contact numbers etc and speaking to the staff or in my case Me (Marc Cognet) can help with ease.

We try our (company) best to provide great service and reasonable pricing even with the economy the way it is.

We all start somewhere but sadly so do scam sites and i know this has affected a lot of new legit stores.

@Fats2011 Thank you for taking interests in Tech Guy SA :) Hope you got sorted but if you need anything just give a shout can whatsapp on 076575770 or call on 0877028151

Site went through an revamp in December as well (had issues decided needed a new look and theme)

Reactions: Yuu

Faux_Grey

Last edited: