Is your cellular phone going to kill you?

mister

Executive Member
There are none so blind as those who do not want to see.

boerseun

Cellphone batteries are not nuclear devices! They have a limit as to how much energy they can produce. That energy goes to Powering the CPU, lighting the display, and powering the radio. Energy cannot be sucked out of thin air. We are still far away from tapping ZPE!!

K3NS31

Expert Member
Read something quite scary related to this recently.
In Timothy Ferris' book "The 4 Hour Body", he relates how he did an experiment to see if his cell phone was affecting his virility. So he stops carrying his phone in his pants pocket for a few weeks. And his sperm count increases. (measured before and after)
Needless to say, this is hardly a scientifically accurate experiment, but DAMN, it gives pause for thought!

Oh, article fail: Keeanu Reeves is never a redeeming feature in any movie ;)

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Your far more likely to be killed in a car crash or murdered so why worry :)

Strange

I overheard from this guy that heard from his mom's gardener's sister than apparently cellphone radiation causes your DNA to die.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
If EMFs are harmful then all of us are stuffed, because the Earth itself has the biggest electromagnetic field currently capable of affecting us. Ergo, if electromagnetic fields were harmful, we would never have evolved.

Some electromagnetic radiation, such as gamma rays, definitely are harmful though. Ask Bruce Banner.

Antonf

Expert Member
I doubt that my cell phone will kill me, but my cell phone bill might just succeed!

gregmcc

Honorary Master
The Sky is falling! Need to go and live somewhere in the outback where there are no cell towers, no electricity, no phones, oh wait a sec that would mean no internet......screw that! :)

redheadfan

Sacrilege! Johnny Mnemonic is one of the best Sci-Fi films ever!

Somehow I couldn't really accept anything in this article after that.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
....if nothing else kills you, then YES, cell phones will.

Given that I am probably more likely to be killed in a car accident on South African roads, I will note this with concern.