ISP For Vumatel in CT

MKos

Hi

Vumatel just went live in my neighborhood in Plumstead, Cape Town. Looking to choose a ISP now and tried searching the forums and still cant make my mind up. I thought of going with Cool Ideas because of their ranking but their latest customer service complaints gives me issue. My brother who lives quite close says he is happy with MWEB but they don't seem to have a great reviews either.

What would you guys recommend preferable one that does not have debit order as their only method of payment. I won't be gaming just streaming Netflix and YouTube.

Thanks

under_sky

Expert Member
Hi

Vumatel just went live in my neighborhood in Plumstead, Cape Town. Looking to choose a ISP now and tried searching the forums and still cant make my mind up. I thought of going with Cool Ideas because of their ranking but their latest customer service complaints gives me issue. My brother who lives quite close says he is happy with MWEB but they don't seem to have a great reviews either.

What would you guys recommend preferable one that does not have debit order as their only method of payment. I won't be gaming just streaming Netflix and YouTube.

Thanks
Try websquad or Home connect

MKos

Thanks home connect have great reviews and actually was able to chat to online support now, unfortunately only debit order but it seems to be a good option.

under_sky

Expert Member
Thanks home connect have great reviews and actually was able to chat to online support now, unfortunately only debit order but it seems to be a good option.
Well to put it you can pretty much only be billed a fixed fee they not like vodacom etc who would hit you with you a Out of bundle here and there or etc

m.zakariyya.g

I'm in Wynberg. Had fiber with VOX for almost 2 months and I'm super happy - excellent pricing, and one of the only ISPs that offers free installation (As long as you don't cancel within the first 12 months). Only irritating thing is they don't bill my card automatically on the first of the month, I have to manually do a card payment every month.

Edit: Service working exceptionally well so far - only had 1 period of about 30 minutes where download speeds were 20% of what they should have been, but that might have been down to Vumatel maintenance that was occuring in the time.

Masataka

Vox have been excellent and consistent for the 3 years that I’ve been with them (both adsl and Vumatel fibre).

Pricing is solid and they have weekend support.