ISPs that use MTN

GergeRoux

Which ISPs use MTN? In our area I tested a B618 rooter with an MTN connection (Cell-C had no coverage and not sure about Vodacom) and it worked fine. Afrihost advised that they now use Cell-C so looking for an ICP that used MTN.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Which ISPs use MTN? In our area I tested a B618 rooter with an MTN connection (Cell-C had no coverage and not sure about Vodacom) and it worked fine. Afrihost advised that they now use Cell-C so looking for an ICP that used MTN.
Afrihost use MTN for normal mobile data, for FIXED LTE, they use another provider.However price wise, it's not worth it if it's your main access to the internet.MTN data contracts are cheap, and offer 10 times the data you will get with and ISP that uses MTN.

Downside is the 24 months contract you need to take out with MTN versus month to month you get with and ISP that uses MTN.For secondary access an ISP would be fine, but for primary internet access, it's gets expensive quickly.

From what I can see you are likely looking for Fixed LTE, you could always check if rain has coverage, they roam vodacom, but you will have to get it via rain directly as rain stopped ISP resellers last year to try and remedy network congestion.