Issues moving OneDrive folder path

cvw777

Hi guys.

I got a new PC and tried to dump my OneDrive disk content into the new destination folder so that it does not have to down/upload anything new. This did not seem to work and OneDrive quickly started uploading all my data from scratch, stating that the size of my One Drive folder was ~100Gb and my local drive only had ~5Gb.

I went about to re-link my onedrive to the folder I originally had with all my data using this procedure, but got an error stating that the file "::{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" was in use (even after I fully closed OneDrive).

Can anyone assist as surely this does not have to be so difficult?

Thanks in advance.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I got a new PC and tried to dump my OneDrive disk content into the new destination folder so that it does not have to down/upload anything new. This did not seem to work and OneDrive quickly started uploading all my data from scratch
How did you move the data? If you used C&P then most likely the timestamp changed and therefore it is seen as an updated file.

If you use Robocopy to copy/move you can retained things like timestamps so the file appears exactly as what was previously uploaded.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Contact Microsoft. They usually good with support. My experience anyways.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I usually do the first part of that link, just unlinking the PC and then changing the location and letting it download.

What you can try is also moving the location to a new, empty location, then choose not to sync any folders.
Copy one of the folders from your old pc into your onedrive folder, enable syncing for that one and see what happens?

cvw777

Thanks for all the helpful responses. Much appreciated. I'll try em all until it's resolved.