Issues ordering from Amazon using Standard Bank?

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Hi Everyone

So I recently purchased a Oculus Rift 2 from Amazon and when the payment came trough earlier today, got the standard bank confirmation sms sent Y to allow payment, logged onto Amazon and it did not go trough on Amazon , their site simply displays the generic your payment couldn't be processed , so I tried my other bank card , no luck , a friend of mine offered to help we used his card (not standard bank, and his used it before on Amazon) still no luck :/

I tried contacting their support team and got the generic run around, check EAP, check address , reload cards etc... No luck

Any advice?

animehero

Expert Member
You said you tried his card but that didn't work either? If possible see if he can order the item on his profile unless it's not available anymore or was a special price. Did you contact Amazon support to find out if they can advise on the error in more detail?

FaSMaN

Expert Member
You said you tried his card but that didn't work either? If possible see if he can order the item on his profile unless it's not available anymore or was a special price. Did you contact Amazon support to find out if they can advise on the error in more detail?

Sadly the Oculus Quest 2 is no longer in stock with amazon , direct from amazon I paid $299 from their third parties it is $429 so didnt want to test it on his account as it now costs way more.

But did manage to get the payment to go trough last night late when I was testing things, all it took was purchasing a $1 gift card from my standard