IT Infrastructure Administrator

donvilla07

JOB DESCRIPTION for IT Infrastructure Administrator

Introduction

Debtsource (Pty) Ltd is offering employment to an IT Infrastructure Administrator based at the offices in Blackheath. The company provides outsourced credit management services and the applicant can visit our website at www.debtsource.co.za for more details.

The employee should have completed Matric, and preferably an A+ or N+ IT, or similar qualification, and should have at least three years’ experience in providing IT and infrastructure support. Applicants from all race groups are welcome to apply and applicants will not be penalised for age.

Initial training will be provided with particular focus on Debtsource specific systems, as well as ongoing training relating IT processes and duties.

Job Description

Requirements:
Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Outlook essential.​

Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels.​

Must be able to function independently and efficiently under pressure.​

Customer Service orientation – the position requires the individual to deal daily with IT queries from internal staff and external clients, and the candidate should be able to do so patiently and efficiently.​

Organizational skills​

Excellent work standards and neatness with attention to detail.​

The candidate may be required to work specific hours to ensure continual staff support​

The ability to think logically when troubleshooting a problem​

The employee shall be engaged as an IT Infrastructure Administrator and in this regard the duties shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:

Assisting staff with any desktop or laptop queries they may have from time to time, as it relates to any hardware or Debtsource specific software issues, including Pastel, Debtman, SharePoint, DS-Docs & remote desktop​

Dealing with infrastructure issues as it relates to any infrastructure problems at Debtsource, including globes, bathrooms, breakdowns, printers, scanners, etc.​

Maintaining a daily checklist of Debtsource systems, to anticipate faults​

Converse with all levels of management to obtain concise and accurate information​

Information extraction from Debtsource internal system where applicable​

Assist the IT department with all admin tasks​

Such other tasks as may be delegated from time to time​

Applicants may forward their CV’s to dgaffney@debtsource.co.za

Hellhound105

Expert Member
"Debtsource specific software issues " - Ah damn, didn`t go to Debtsource college.

"any infrastructure problems at Debtsource, including globes, bathrooms, breakdowns" - Ouch

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Jirre how much should a sysadmin have to know?
I am more concerned about the ongoing naming convention. Yeah, maybe it helps with where to position the salary package and so on. Jobs in IT, the naming schemes are so odd nowadays because I honestly don’t think that people understand the roles, privileges and responsibilities behind these positions.

I commonly experience this,

Job: IT Consultant / Reality: Field Technician

Job: System(s) Administrator / Reality: IT Clerk

And I can GO on…

Places like Mybroadband, when people discuss openly and generally about IT, then people talk about coding and programming as I have picked up in my time on here.

Job titles are vague… The real one advertised here is internal IT support and handyman. This isn't sysadmin.

MEIOT

Expert Member
"Dealing with infrastructure issues as it relates to any infrastructure problems at Debtsource, including globes, bathrooms, breakdowns, printers, scanners, etc. "

Wow - that's hilarious. I get the distinct impression that that 'etc' covers them in case the toilet gets blocked by a sanitary pad and you need to fish it out or some other janitor work that's required. Breakdowns of what? Any all infrastructure? Cars? Such generic terms is just setting up any potential employee for a slave life and hardship I reckon. :ROFL:

Hellhound105

Expert Member
"Dealing with infrastructure issues as it relates to any infrastructure problems at Debtsource, including globes, bathrooms, breakdowns, printers, scanners, etc. "

Wow - that's hilarious. I get the distinct impression that that 'etc' covers them in case the toilet gets blocked by a sanitary pad and you need to fish it out or some other janitor work that's required. Breakdowns of what? Any all infrastructure? Cars? Such generic terms is just setting up any potential employee for a slave life and hardship I reckon. :ROFL:
Jip you missed 1 however, breakdowns, like people mentally as well, not sure what person the advert is for.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master

:ROFL: Janitor also

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Thats pure class that is...

Give it a fancy name and someone will take it, but we'll make them do all the shyte jobs.