It's not pretty - but it works

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
It's not pretty - but it works

If you read MyBroadband regularly, you will know two things:
  • We once bought an Ethereum mining rig.
  • We once dismantled said Ethereum mining rig for its graphics cards.
I scored two Aorus RX 580 4GB cards from the rig, and one was put to work in my gaming PC at home.

The other lay dormant in my cupboard, and while its sibling collected kills, it collected dust.

Swa

Honorary Master
So $30 for inferior cooling when you can get a replacement for $20. Only issue is the SAPO.

dsimonse

Turn turn the fans around and you'll see a difference in Temps. Instead of sucking the air from the gpu cooler get the fans to blow on them.

gamer16

Executive Member
Why would you install fans blowing away from the rad?
For the same reason he first installed fans that were physically larger than the card and extending past the connectors then was amazed that in couldn't slot back into the mb.

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Why would you install fans blowing away from the rad?
Thanks for the feedback.

I was concerned about the fans' power cables and rear brackets being in contact with the GPU's heatsink (potential damage to the fans) - but I will definitely try the fans the other way around and report on the results.

gamer16

Executive Member
Thanks for the feedback.

I was concerned about the fans' power cables and rear brackets being in contact with the GPU's heatsink (potential damage to the fans) - but I will definitely try the fans the other way around and report on the results.
The fans have little slots and guides built in so you can cleanly change the routing and which side the cables come out of.