Keyboard Letter Stickers

JackV27

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion DV7 laptop.
The keyboard letters have worn off.
I can use the laptop without the letters but if other users find it difficult to use.
I have an extra USB keyboard which I use when other people needs to the laptop.

I am considering buying sticker letters because the genuine HP replacement keyboard is expensive.

I would like to know where can I buy such stickers? :confused:

Jack

chrisc

Executive Member
I found a place on eBay that sold letter-keys for just under $1. You have to specify the make and model. Got two for a Macbook. The shipping cost more than the keys

ITCynic

Expert Member
Try these guys for replacement keyboards, http://www.ltparts.co.za/keyboards.html

I have bought quite few replacement keyboards and they appear to be indentical to the originals.
Keyboards are +/- R 350.00 with a year warranty.

So far I have bought keyboards, power adapters and batteries and they are all of a good quality.

Last edited:

genetic

Honorary Master
We used to use keyboard letters for our editing stations which showed you shortcuts for quicker editing, but they have since dropped those. They were paper based so they used to get very crusty with dirty fingers :sick:

ODTech

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion DV7 laptop.
The keyboard letters have worn off.
I can use the laptop without the letters but if other users find it difficult to use.
I have an extra USB keyboard which I use when other people needs to the laptop.

I am considering buying sticker letters because the genuine HP replacement keyboard is expensive.

I would like to know where can I buy such stickers? :confused:

Jack

www.laptopaccessories.com
Keyboard are usualy no more than R500 plus about R150 for courier fees.

www.laptopkeys.com
If it's only a few keys you can contact these guys. Just make sure you ID the keys properly before ordering.

fastesthamster

I had vinyl stickers made for a French layout laptop. Only a couple of keys needed to be changed, and it worked well. Just contact a local vinyl sticker company and have some made up, they last well.

Fox1

Executive Member
The glowy stickers are available at Osman's if you need them asap.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I had vinyl stickers made for a French layout laptop. Only a couple of keys needed to be changed, and it worked well. Just contact a local vinyl sticker company and have some made up, they last well.

Vinyl stickers aren't expensive - we pay less than R200 for a 575mm by 1200mm sheet cut to spec.