Kwese Play

ButterflyXXX

I bought one on Thursday, with the 3 months free Netflix & 300GB data x 3mo Vox special.

I've just connected it. Very quick and easy set up. Netflix is sorted. I just can't figure out the free 300GB data pm from Vox.

ButterflyXXX

Update: doesn't look like I qualify for the Vox thing.

Checking out YouTube now. Very nice, very clear, very HD

I'm not a techie expert, but I think it's worth it for my use.

I bought one on Thursday, with the 3 months free Netflix & 300GB data x 3mo Vox special.

I've just connected it. Very quick and easy set up. Netflix is sorted. I just can't figure out the free 300GB data pm from Vox.
I bought one but have not been able to redeem the free data from VOX. I have been dealing with VOX support for over two months now and they have not been able to sort it out!! How difficult can it be for them to redeem it manually. This was one of the reasons I decided to go with Kwese.

Also, it was disappointing to find that the Kwese software does not have a PLEX app. If I am not mistaken the generic ROKU player does. I can access the PLEX media server via DLNA but that's just not the same.

AndrewGoldy

While the number of channels on offer has just gone up to 231, there is still NO Plex channel (app) available on the Kwese Play... even though the Plex channel (app) has been available on Roku devices for ages!

It is obviously a Kwese Play management decision NOT to offer the Plex channel (app)... Disappointing!

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
While the number of channels on offer has just gone up to 231, there is still NO Plex channel (app) available on the Kwese Play... even though the Plex channel (app) has been available on Roku devices for ages!

It is obviously a Kwese Play management decision NOT to offer the Plex channel (app)... Disappointing!
Definitely, which is odd because I specifically asked then about plex - #42

Can anyone confirm whether you can load the Plex app on this Roku. There are conflicting reports about this on Google. I already have 2 generic Roku's running Plex and I need a third one (for my son's bedroom). I was thinking I could save 3 months Netflix subscription, but Plex is a must.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Can anyone confirm whether you can load the Plex app on this Roku. There are conflicting reports about this on Google. I already have 2 generic Roku's running Plex and I need a third one (for my son's bedroom). I was thinking I could save 3 months Netflix subscription, but Plex is a must.
Get a Roku from Amazon - it's cheaper and you know it will run Plex.