Landline address is wrong on system

Vivirooni

So after numerous unsuccessful attempts to upgrade my Telkom landline to an ADSL, I`ve decided to go with Afrihost. There is one giant problem, however. The reason for my struggles with Telkom is that they have the wrong address in their system. They have the right town and street name, but my house number is 79 and on their system it`s 16. I have tried to change this, but to no avail. So my question is: If Afrihost uses the Telkom line, how do I go about registering the address? The landline works fine, the address is just wrong. Do I still need to fix the address on Telkom`s system? Or can I just enter the wrong address on my Afrihost line rental order? I don`t think there is any hope for correcting the address, as I have tried for the past 5 months. Any advice for me?

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I've got the exact same problem. The "site address" that Telkom has on record for my landline is not correct and I have been trying to change for almost 5 years with no luck. When you call the call centre they tell you they can only change the address that shows on the invoice, they cannot change the address where the infrastructure is actually installed. In my case my erf number is being used as the street number in my "site address". The only problem it causes is that every time I ask a Telkom technician to come out they go to the wrong address, but then they call me when they arrive and I redirect them to the correct address.

However, the good news is that I had no problems getting ADSL from Afrihost. I just simply used my real address. It does not matter whether the address you give Afrihost matches the address that Telkom has on record. What is important is the actual landline number that you give to Afrihost that needs to have ADSL enabled on it.

MavChat

It does not matter whether the address you give Afrihost matches the address that Telkom has on record. What is important is the actual landline number that you give to Afrihost that needs to have ADSL enabled on it.
That is 100% correct. Afrihost just needs the number as the process to migrate the management or set up a new DSL service is dependent on the number in question not the address.

Vivirooni

Thanks so much guys. This helps a lot. My landline is ADSL enabled, so it should be smooth sailing from now on.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Thanks so much guys. This helps a lot. My landline is ADSL enabled, so it should be smooth sailing from now on.
Looks like you had ample support here from the community, give me a shout if you have any other questions.
Thanks guys! :)