LastPass raises Premium pricing

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Deeply questionable move on their part. They've made all the main features people need free, such as multi-device syncing, auto-fill in mobile apps, 2-factor authentication and unlimited saving of passwords and notes. So people like myself (who have no need for the password sharing crap restricted to Premium) who paid just to support LastPass will no longer renew the service. $12 was a great impulse for anyone who gives a damn about security. Now it's just the minority of users who need to share their passwords who will be tempted to pay $24 a year.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Deeply questionable move on their part. They've made all the main features people need free, such as multi-device syncing, auto-fill in mobile apps, 2-factor authentication and unlimited saving of passwords and notes. So people like myself (who have no need for the password sharing crap restricted to Premium) who paid just to support LastPass will no longer renew the service. $12 was a great impulse for anyone who gives a damn about security. Now it's just the minority of users who need to share their passwords who will be tempted to pay $24 a year.
Still cheaper then 1password et al so not sure what the fuss is about. I wish Google authenticator would get cloud sync though.

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Still cheaper then 1password et al so not sure what the fuss is about. I wish Google authenticator would get cloud sync though.
I was saying that they're chasing a crap ton of Premium users onto their free tier for no good reason.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Now it's just the minority of users who need to share their passwords who will be tempted to pay $24 a year.
You need premium for the cellphone app too.

I'm on the edge about this...bought the 12 usd one on impulse but rarely use the features.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
You need premium for the cellphone app too.

I'm on the edge about this...bought the 12 usd one on impulse but rarely use the features.
Nope, not for a while now. Multi-device sync, multi-device support, 2FA, app autofill etc all free.

I renewed in June. No regrets. Glad to support them for $12 a year, and have for years.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Nope, not for a while now. Multi-device sync, multi-device support, 2FA, app autofill etc all free.

I renewed in June. No regrets. Glad to support them for $12 a year, and have for years.
ah good to know. Yeah then I'm probably not paying...don't need any of those features. If it auto-debits my card then I'll probably just leave it though

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

Agree. very strange decision.

PhireSide

Executive Member
Slight necro but I had a bit of a scare today and decided to sign up for LastPass and change all my passwords to randomized 16-char ones. It's scary how many sites I was using with the same phrase - but I sorted that out pretty quick!