LaTeX

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
LaTeX is a document preparation system for high-quality typesetting. It is most often used for medium-to-large technical or scientific documents but it can be used for almost any form of publishing.
http://www.latex-project.org

Lets you do some great stuff with text:

icyrus

Executive Member
w1z4rd have you ever used docbook? I would be interested in some comparisons as I know latex well but not docbook.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
w1z4rd have you ever used docbook? I would be interested in some comparisons as I know latex well but not docbook.
No, I havent, I am still getting my mind around LaTeX :D

BCO

Honorary Master
Damn, and here I thought this thread was gonna be about gimp suits and stuff. Oh well.

Charlie.

I used LaTeX for a while, last year. Initially, I thought it rocked. After a while, however, I did become a little tired of the workflow - always having to break the flow of editing to jump back to the front of the document and define another macro to do something for the first time.

On the other hand, I had some awesome macros in the end, including some that would create infinite sum formulae, insert Fourier integrals at will, even write dx/dt with correctly italicised x and t characters and regular d's. Woot.