LBRY fixes the mess which libtards created

access

Honorary Master
Actually I agree that IP should be scrapped but while it exists the owners of intellectual property have the right to make it available or not, irrespective of your feelings of entitlement
:crylaugh:

my feelings of entitlement? i'm entitled to what i worked for, earned.

what are your feelings of entitlement, irrespectively?

C4Cat

Honorary Master
:crylaugh:

my feelings of entitlement? i'm entitled to what i worked for, earned.

what are your feelings of entitlement, irrespectively?
So then why are people feeling so upset and enraged that they no longer have free access to the university of California's archives? They didn't work for it or earn it, they're not students there. You actually agree with me then, insisting this stuff should be free is due to an irrational feeling of entitlement.

access

Honorary Master
So then why are people feeling so upset and enraged that they no longer have free access to the university of California's archives? They didn't work for it or earn it, they're not students there. You actually agree with me then, insisting this stuff should be free is due to an irrational feeling of entitlement.
yeah man, stuff should be free incase someones feelings get hurt.

Thor

Honorary Master
Dude you missed what I said completely. Frames are perfect for screen readers. They work right out of the box. No tweaking necessary. But unfortunately that isn't what people want so they make others' life harder. Imo CSS is one of the worst things that happened to the web. Everyone is so obsessed about single pixels they miss compatibility which is how the web was designed to work. Take a look at mybb, 20 links one on top of the other taking up a complete screen. Just because some newb decided to focus on some obscure CSS element thinking it could fix the fact the wrong html element is being used. Decide what it is you want, either compatibility or looks, but it can't be both as that's just messing up the web for everybody.
Oh God luckily you are not into web development you'll take us back 20 years.

Ever heard of this new better thing called WAI-ARIA

Thor

Honorary Master
Dude you missed what I said completely. Frames are perfect for screen readers. They work right out of the box. No tweaking necessary. But unfortunately that isn't what people want so they make others' life harder. Imo CSS is one of the worst things that happened to the web. Everyone is so obsessed about single pixels they miss compatibility which is how the web was designed to work. Take a look at mybb, 20 links one on top of the other taking up a complete screen. Just because some newb decided to focus on some obscure CSS element thinking it could fix the fact the wrong html element is being used. Decide what it is you want, either compatibility or looks, but it can't be both as that's just messing up the web for everybody.
You can have both that's the whole point of moving away from 1990s dev that you advocate.

Swa

Honorary Master
It's their IP, if that's how they want to handle it yes. They have no obligation to make it available to everyone themselves and you have no right to feel entitled to it. They haven't just shut the project down, they are working on a more accessible replacement which will no doubt become available in time.
It's not their IP. You don't seem to understand the legal concepts under which the authors worked here. Once you release a copy of something under CC that copy is no longer yours. Even if it were it would still not be the university's IP.

The issue here is not that they removed it but because it was as usual someone who can't access it so now it's somehow discriminating against them so nobody should be able to access it. The standard SJW response we're seeing here, can't make things better for everybody so let's just make it worse. Ironic YOU should be the one that refers to entitlement here. :rolleyes:

And do you mind elaborating on how they're going to make it available again for everybody? Their statement was that it's too big of a job to do so they're taking it down.

Swa

Honorary Master
Oh God luckily you are not into web development you'll take us back 20 years.

Ever heard of this new better thing called WAI-ARIA
You can have both that's the whole point of moving away from 1990s dev that you advocate.
Yeah luckily I'm not. That's what we keep hearing but it's not happening so I take it it's not possible.

etienne_marais

Executive Member
The paradigm of forced artificial equality strikes again, as long as we can feel good and virtuous for pedantically thinking into existence a better world without confronting immediate and far more horrific problems. Wonder how the feminists on 702 and the clever callers will react.

zippy

Executive Member
Interesting that Kevin feels okay with using terms like "libtard" in his subject line. One thing not agreeing with a political view, but resorting to insults while supposedly reporting the news is a slippery slope, but then, the ANC and Trump have set us on that path, so why not follow them ?, Kevin ? :) I guess insults are now ok on mybb ? :)

Cray

Honorary Master
Interesting that Kevin feels okay with using terms like "libtard" in his subject line. One thing not agreeing with a political view, but resorting to insults while supposedly reporting the news is a slippery slope, but then, the ANC and Trump have set us on that path, so why not follow them ?, Kevin ? :) I guess insults are now ok on mybb ? :)
It makes you wonder about...

1) The kind of journalist that thinks it's okay to use "libtard" in a headline ?
2) The kind of editorial process that allows the above to be published?