Let's Give Back!!!

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Branching off from "The MyBB Pay It Forward Thread", I encourage members to donate toys, or anything that you can to homes where people are living in poverty, to Creches, and/or to schools for children with special needs (Down Syndrome and other mental illnesses).

After the following post in the other thread, others have reached out via PM and I will be receiving some stuff tomorrow where I will drop the items off at one of the members/Chairperson of a special needs school in Paarl.

There is a home/school in Paarl for children that has Down Syndrome.
There are also a number of creche's in a very poor, gang ridden area of Paarl; known as Smartie Town.
Ages range from infant to 5 years old at creche or something, and who knows what at the school for children with special needs.

I am based in Wellington but I am in Cape Town (M. Plain, the streetz that I hail from) on some weekends, or even Grassy Park.

I'll even send pics of all the offerings. I am about to develop a website in my holiday for this school, for free.
These are NGOs and they are getting by with the absolute bare minimum, which is pretty sad because one doesn't really know what bare minimum is until you've seen these places. I have, last year; with a few colleagues helped out at a Creche by accumulating funds to redo the roof of a Wendy house that is actually Creche, we donated toys and DVD players and whatever we could, just to help them out, given that we just came from Winter, it was raining through the roof. That is just one example.

Anyway, others have reached out and I am receiving some stuff from a MyBB forumite from tomorrow onward.
If anyone in Cape Town wants to get rid of something, there is always a place, or someone that can benefit from a kind gift that can help them in a great way.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
The Creche that we helped last year.

Astrid Street, Smartie Town. A quick Google Maps will show you what the conditions are that they are living under.

IMG-20171005-WA0008.jpg

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Thanks for your kind donation @vorman .
It was nice meeting you.

I will update this thread with pics as stuff gets handed out to the children at the school for disabled (Paarl Stimulasie Sentrum).
I got my Church to rally behind this as well.

vorman

Expert Member
Pleasure, likewise bud.
Wishing you all the best and kudos on the work you're doing. Will be sure to keep you in mind in future.

Please do upload pics so that others may see where the stuff is actually going.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
So I received more donations since I got the church involved as well.
Some parents don't like the fact that pics of the children will be on the net and I completely understand this from their point of view, given that it is children with down syndrome.
The shoes that are a bit too big will be donated to an old age home.

IMG-20181204-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20181204-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20181204-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20181204-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20181204-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20181203-WA0000.jpg

Last edited: