Lines blurred at e-tv

entrepr

Expert Member
"Lines blurred"?

What about trying the line "it's all been a big misunderstanding".

What I read is "We have clarified with the editorial staff that going forward, as from now, they have full editorial independence (that is, until some ANC big shot phones us and 'suggests' we put on something different, then let's talk again)"

greg0205

Honorary Master
Oh e.tv, if those lines can blur at all there is a problem. I expect we'll see more of these insincere obfuscations/apologies in future. :(

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
and what assurance do they actually offer, which person of impeccable integrity will act as an ombud against editorial encroachment? What contract with editorial staff giving a right to an interdict for encroachment do they propose?

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
Exactly, and any intervention would likely be subtle, with veiled and implied threats, not straight out intervention.

Moreover, the staff are clear, after the actions of the last 10 days, what could happen to people who resist.

I have relied, for years on eTV News as the one channel with the courage to probe and challenge. However I've now switched even that off and will stick to media fed by real, investigative journalists.