Liquid Telecom to launch 5G network in SA

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Liquid Telecom to launch 5G network in SA

Liquid Telecom has released a statement in which it announced plans to launch a wholesale 5G network in South Africa in early 2020.

“Liquid Telecom is to launch the first 5G wholesale roaming service in South Africa,’ said the company.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
“Our initial 5G network of 250 sites already ‘passes’ 500,000 households. That’s almost an equal size to the two largest fibre network operators in the country,” said Rain."

Somebody tell Rain that they need to cut out the fibre comparison bull ****. You failed 3 times already.

BBSA

Honorary Master
“Our initial 5G network of 250 sites already ‘passes’ 500,000 households. That’s almost an equal size to the two largest fibre network operators in the country,” said Rain."

Somebody tell Rain that they need to cut out the fibre comparison bull ****. You failed 3 times already.
You think Rain would not fail with fibre?

Joseph matane

Firstly I would like to congratulate Liquid Telecom for considering 5G wholesale model this is good news for customers.
But I'm just wondering which cities will be added to phase 1 roll out plan ?
We all know that Liquid Telecom has Fibre backbone so are we going to see secondary cities having 5G coverage immediately or is going to be metropolitans first?
By the way it could be very interesting if Liquid Telecom chooses to compete very closely with Rain 5G and FTTH pricing

phex

Firstly I would like to congratulate Liquid Telecom for considering 5G wholesale model this is good news for customers.
But I'm just wondering which cities will be added to phase 1 roll out plan ?
We all know that Liquid Telecom has Fibre backbone so are we going to see secondary cities having 5G coverage immediately or is going to be metropolitans first?
By the way it could be very interesting if Liquid Telecom chooses to compete very closely with Rain 5G and FTTH pricing
Duplication of effort like in fibre business

Joseph matane

This comes a month after TechCentral reported that the company had signed an agreement with Vodacom