List of iOS apps infected with XcodeGhost

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Lets see. Not affected. None of the apps I have on my iPhone are on that list.

Dave

Honorary Master
Okay, and what can this malicious code do on my phone :confused:

From the Apple link

How does this affect me? How do I know if my device has been compromised

We have no information to suggest that the malware has been used to do anything malicious or that this exploit would have delivered any personally identifiable information had it been used.

We’re not aware of personally identifiable customer data being impacted and the code also did not have the ability to request customer credentials to gain iCloud and other service passwords.

As soon as we recognized these apps were using potentially malicious code we took them down. Developers are quickly updating their apps for users.

Malicious code could only have been able to deliver some general information such as the apps and general system information.

.QQ.

Expert Member
Odd that there are differences between the cultofmac list and the apple list, I guess to be safe remove any apps that are on either of the lists for now to be safe.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Odd that there are differences between the cultofmac list and the apple list, I guess to be safe remove any apps that are on either of the lists for now to be safe.

Maybe a region based thing

As in CultofMac's list is for the Chinese store, while Apple's is for the American store (or link relevant to country?) and doesn't contain apps only available in other territories.

Last edited:

Dudlu

Expert Member
Maybe a region based thing

As in CultofMac's list is for the Chinese store, while Apple's is for the American store (or link relevant to country?) and doesn't contain apps only available in other territories.

The Apple page is in Chinese though.