Little Big Adventure remake is almost here

Little Big Adventure 2 was one of the first games I ever played on pc. Loved it all. Never played the first game, might check it out finally..
 
Little Big Adventure 2 was one of the first games I ever played on pc. Loved it all. Never played the first game, might check it out finally..
The first game had an update a few years ago
Full controller support and I completed it again with a controller
Game is better than ever and I can confidently recommend giving the original a go before the remake comes out
 
It's one of those games which I remember PC Power raving about, but I couldn't "source" a copy for a long time. When I finally did, it was a bit dated and I didn't give it a fair try.
 
Loved this game. Remember my Dad getting it for me from Incredible Connection, Foreshore (Culemborg). Would have had a brekkie at Nino's while there.
 
It's one of those games which I remember PC Power raving about, but I couldn't "source" a copy for a long time. When I finally did, it was a bit dated and I didn't give it a fair try.
One of my favorites from the 90's
The steam edition is great and the controls optimized do be a bit more modern - controller recommended
They also removed taking damage from running into walls
 
So it released without much fanfare
Would not even have noticed if it was not on my wishlist

Final product, sadly does not look so great

 
So it released without much fanfare
Would not even have noticed if it was not on my wishlist

Final product, sadly does not look so great

The game does have its traction on social media. As much for fanfare, the genre is a skeleton of its past. Not to take away from the positive reception as little as it may be. A lot of its fuel is in French too.
 
The game does have its traction on social media. As much for fanfare, the genre is a skeleton of its past. Not to take away from the positive reception as little as it may be. A lot of its fuel is in French too.
I was hoping for a true to the original remake

Seems they decided to mess with the original story and ad companions that follow you around
The art style is also.... weird
 
I was hoping for a true to the original remake

Seems they decided to mess with the original story and ad companions that follow you around
The art style is also.... weird

The art style is for modernising the game, but I am unaware of the changes to the story and companions. As far as I know, they expanded the game by adding mini-games.
 
Okay, so I did a read up. Yes, I read Jim's article:


So... The game is a bug fest, now that is a shame, and there are a couple of changes to the quests. The one change that grabbed my attention is this:

The tradeoff is that Twinsen now has a Stock Little Sister to be kidnapped in the Stock Girlfriend's place, and honestly that one can stay kidnapped.

No, if you played LBA 2, this does not mean that Twinsen screwed his sister :ROFL: What the developer did was add the little sister so that Zoé could play a bigger part of the story. Here is the thing, is that not why we had LBA2?

I don't mind the chop and change, but the original game from LBA 1 to 2 did have that natural progression. They should best have made an LBA 3. If I read right, and if this game convinces a remake of LBA 2, then they will have to make a lot more changes which could potentially deconstruct the game.

Regardless, I will likely pick this game up. I still have the originals, or at least the right to access them.
 
The first game had an update a few years ago
Full controller support and I completed it again with a controller
Game is better than ever and I can confidently recommend giving the original a go before the remake comes out
Hmm... I actually wrote a script for that. Seamless transition when rolling the stick/pad so it would add a direction before releasing the previous one. Works quite well.
 
I started playing on the weekend but it is quite buggy and the art style is off putting and I cant put my finger on why I am being put of by it.

Don't know if it is just because these games are etched into my kid brain as the best games ever made and now don't look the same anymore...

It looks pretty and everything, but I think it is too far from the original look?
 
If I read right, and if this game convinces a remake of LBA 2, then they will have to make a lot more changes which could potentially deconstruct the game.

LBA 2 is already in the process of a remake.
 
Anybody who has ever played an LBA game before can immediately tell by just looking at an image that it is LBA. It had quite a unique overall look from the map and character design as well as the color palette used.
1731993828546.png


When I look at the remake, it looks like any other 3D adventure game that has come out on the Switch or mobile in the last 5+ years.

1731993692548.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: Swa
Okay, so I did a read up. Yes, I read Jim's article:


So... The game is a bug fest, now that is a shame, and there are a couple of changes to the quests. The one change that grabbed my attention is this:



No, if you played LBA 2, this does not mean that Twinsen screwed his sister :ROFL: What the developer did was add the little sister so that Zoé could play a bigger part of the story. Here is the thing, is that not why we had LBA2?

I don't mind the chop and change, but the original game from LBA 1 to 2 did have that natural progression. They should best have made an LBA 3. If I read right, and if this game convinces a remake of LBA 2, then they will have to make a lot more changes which could potentially deconstruct the game.

Regardless, I will likely pick this game up. I still have the originals, or at least the right to access them.
I mean

To be fair

The article is written by a man who thinks he is a woman and believed he was pregnant that one time
 
Anybody who has ever played an LBA game before can immediately tell by just looking at an image that it is LBA. It had quite a unique overall look from the map and character design as well as the color palette used.
View attachment 1774816


When I look at the remake, it looks like any other 3D adventure game that has come out on the Switch or mobile in the last 5+ years.

View attachment 1774815
The first thing I thought when looking at it was the 'Go' series like Tomb Raider Go or Hitman Go, not LBA
 
Anybody who has ever played an LBA game before can immediately tell by just looking at an image that it is LBA. It had quite a unique overall look from the map and character design as well as the color palette used.
View attachment 1774816


When I look at the remake, it looks like any other 3D adventure game that has come out on the Switch or mobile in the last 5+ years.

View attachment 1774815
It looks more dystopian to me, like Brakpan.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X