Load shedding schedule

LetsDance

I tried the eskom website, it currently says no power shedding. When I find my area, it says there is no load shedding schedule found. Am I using the correct site?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
If your electricity is directly supplied by eskom then that' probably the correct site. If it's supplied by a municipality it's probably best to check their site and/or twitter.

There are also various apps available for both iOS and Android.

But how is it you don't know where to check by now? Loadshedding is not a new thing.

marbro

I dont bother on those sites, rather check ma se push or loadshedding notifier

Binary Bark

Forging
Check eskom's ma se push on the app store.

Unfortunately their accuracy leaves much to be desired, at least for the first few rounds until they update their schedules.
Can attest to this, had to go add all the regions around me after this new load shedding stint to see which one is actually correct. They have their areas all muddled up

geezer

Expert Member
Unfortunately their accuracy leaves much to be desired, at least for the first few rounds until they update their schedules.
And they also do not respond to queries. During one load shedding event I went through all the different areas listed for Sasolburg, and none indicated load shedding was currently ongoing. I contacted them to try and get some clarification, but never got any answer back from them, even though I tried all means possible (e-mail, Facebook, Twitter etc.). No response whatsoever even after reaching out numerous times. I have since removed their app from my iPhone, it's just wasting storage space.

LetsDance

My municipality website is unresponsive, tried that route , which is why I asked here. I have installed 'load shedding notifier' thanks for that.

lexity

Expert Member
My municipality website is unresponsive, tried that route , which is why I asked here. I have installed 'load shedding notifier' thanks for that.
In case you are looking for a schedule for one of the major metro's, check out lexity.co.za

It is currently best viewed on a large screen i.e. a desktop/tablet, but you should be fine using landscape mode on a cellphone, too.