Load shedding

Mariuspay

Does stage 4 includes Stage 1,2 and 3?
So if stage 4 active, I wont have power if I am scheduled for stage 1,2 and 3?

Mariuspay

Got that, but trying to understand why I'm without power 3 times a day. FFS

thestaggy

Honorary Master
On Saturday night it went off at 8pm until midnight. Then yesterday morning it went off at 8am until 13:30 (overran the schedule bu an hour). Today power has been off at work since 9am. Its set to go off at home from 4pm.

This is bloody ridiculous. It is interfering with our day-to-day lives.

thechamp

Honorary Master
We all are experiencing this, it's not just you.
It's end times!
No we aren't there is a colleague who has never experienced load shedding from last week until today, while I have been without power since yesterday from 9pm, came back briefly during the night and went off again. Some areas are being loadshed more than others.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Yes, if it is stage 4, it includes everyone who has stage 1,2 and 3 too.

Also, yes, businesses in South Africa since last week hardly have 4 hours a day to conduct business in. If you have a business and can move abroad, this is the time to do or at least start doing it now.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
No we aren't there is a colleague who has never experienced load shedding from last week until today, while I have been without power since yesterday from 9pm, came back briefly during the night and went off again. Some areas are being loadshed more than others.
I was out "in the sticks" this weekend. We experienced load shedding 3x yesterday. The 1st time may have been a power failure but it took 2 hours.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yeah... some areas never feel it thanks to stupid schedules...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Yes, if it is stage 4, it includes everyone who has stage 1,2 and 3 too.

Also, yes, businesses in South Africa since last week hardly have 4 hours a day to conduct business in. If you have a business and can move abroad, this is the time to do or at least start doing it now.
Not every business can move abroad without spending billions. Also, it's much easier here because you don't even have to comply with environmental laws.

Then there's a question of raw materials

phly

Expert Member

thechamp

Honorary Master
I was out "in the sticks" this weekend. We experienced load shedding 3x yesterday. The 1st time may have been a power failure but it took 2 hours.
I also suspect we have a fault but how do you report a fault during load shedding?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Not every business can move abroad without spending billions. Also, it's much easier here because you don't even have to comply with environmental laws.

Then there's a question of raw materials
Except you've got to comply with other stupid laws.

Pitbull

Verboten
Every schedule per stage is different. But yes, normally on stage 4 they will be shed 7.5 ours of the day in various stages.