Long delays in receiving SMSs

markings

Expert Member
Does anyone else experience that it takes an inordinate amount of time to receive some messages? It is especially annoying when I have to get an OTP. By the time I get the OTP the website has timed out. It happens with Standard Bank, Microsoft and now also Amazon. I am on Telkom mobile.

With Standard Bank I also had excessive delay with receiving emails.

It make 2 factor authorization quite problematic

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
@markings
I often don't get the first OTP and have to ask for a resend, which comes through straight away. Std Bank and EFiling last week especially.

I did re-add MTN MMS APN to see if that made a difference (deleted MTN APN because I use Afrihost) after this thread: SMS's not coming through - MTN . But I later tested it with SB and I had to ask for a resend, which came through immediately.

markings

Expert Member
@markings
I often don't get the first OTP and have to ask for a resend, which comes through straight away. Std Bank and EFiling last week especially.

I did re-add MTN MMS APN to see if that made a difference (deleted MTN APN because I use Afrihost) after this thread: SMS's not coming through - MTN . But I later tested it with SB and I had to ask for a resend, which came through immediately.
I have asked SB for a resend in the past. This makes the first SMS come through immediately but the OTP is not valid anymore. The second SMS then also takes forever.