Low cost Wireless Hotspot Deployment

bender-bending-Rodriguez

So I am looking to Deploy a low cost Wireless Hotspot solution in a low income area, to provide a cheap yet effective service.
Any ideas on what the best equipment would be to use and what topology should I use, I am researching advantages and disadvantages of all of the topologies in the picture some general feedback would be great thanks.

Regards Bender-Bending Rodriguez
Bite My Shiny Metal Ass

Attachments

basil katakuzinos

So I am looking to Deploy a low cost Wireless Hotspot solution in a low income area, to provide a cheap yet effective service.
Any ideas on what the best equipment would be to use and what topology should I use, I am researching advantages and disadvantages of all of the topologies in the picture some general feedback would be great thanks.

Regards Bender-Bending Rodriguez
Bite My Shiny Metal Ass
In My opinion, Star is by far the easiest to work with BUT it offers little redundancy, therefore, you should strive for backup connections so that there is no single point of failure for your network

bender-bending-Rodriguez

so what i have come up with atm is PTP BH with Omni antennas in between at all the hops i have been playing around with different scenarios as well but not quite sure what will work the best. 10 km radius +1000 users
so yea any info required please do ask thanks

basil katakuzinos

so what i have come up with atm is PTP BH with Omni antennas in between at all the hops i have been playing around with different scenarios as well but not quite sure what will work the best. 10 km radius +1000 users
so yea any info required please do ask thanks
Avoid omni PTP/MP stick to sectors or dishes. Omni is cheap and easy but will provide significantly worse results than other options.

basil katakuzinos

https://www.ui.com/products/#default
Take a look under Air Max (For PTMP & PTP)
& Air Fiber for long distance Backhaul

These guys also make decent products.
https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/product-finder/

1)if you are doing this in a densely populated area you will struggle due to RF interference. (Fiber becomes your best friend then)
2)Plan your network carefully. ( Google Earth and https://link.ui.com/# are your friends)
3) Don't undersize backHaul and create bottlenecks.

Can you give me the name of the area and perhaps some locations of hotspots you would like to put up?

retromodcoza

I have exactly what you need. Its mesh based. The business is not my priority focus right now but was built for exactly this purpose.

Low cost internet access provision
Rapid deployment
Cost control and user provisioning

I've done this before. I might even give you some starter equipment to work with to deploy a test. Where are you based?