Luno account is blocked - wtf

Venomous

Honorary Master
Account Blocked:
Your Luno wallet has been blocked due to SSL upgrades please click https://bit.ly/2vmwSZn to reactivate

Venomous

Honorary Master
Above is copy/paste an sms I recieved....
:wtf:

I DO NOT have a luno account/wallet!!!!
I am not going to click on that link.

So I can only assume its a physing attempt. :rolleyes:

Venomous

Honorary Master
For someone with 46k posts on MyBB, you should know by now that the link will take you to a phishing site...
I did say I'm not going to follow that link.

I do wonder though.... How many of those persons that lost the money in their luno wallet actually did click on that link.

znh

I clicked it... then proceeded to fill in all fields with... scammer.... it even asked for 2FA.... and accepted 123456.. claiming success... Impressive phising site, it then forwarded to the real luno site.

just checked, it also setups up a whole bunch of cookies to all popular social media sites... Always run a scam like this in the sandbox mode

Last edited:

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I do wonder though.... How many of those persons that lost the money in their luno wallet actually did click on that link.
Zero would lose money through this attempt if they had 2 factor auth enabled, which everyone should have by now surely ...

Lunomoney

Luno Representative
Above is copy/paste an sms I recieved....
:wtf:

I DO NOT have a luno account/wallet!!!!
I am not going to click on that link.

So I can only assume its a physing attempt. :rolleyes:
It is indeed a phishing attempt. We have already forwarded this communication to phishing@luno.com.

In future, should you receive any suspicious SMS or email please forward all screenshots and URLS to phishing@luno.com.

John Tempus

Zero would lose money through this attempt if they had 2 factor auth enabled, which everyone should have by now surely ...
Depends how they set things up. You do realize that the phishing site more likely than not simply relay login details the moment you enter it so if you enter valid information and valid 2fa it would relay the entry at the time that you enter the valid 2fa.

The phishing site would not be so stupid to ask for 2fa if they simply store the data to try manually at a later date.