MacBook Pro 2017 keyboard repair

Ghost02

Expert Member
Hi all,

My 2017 mbp keys sometimes don’t register and some of the keys feel extremely mushy. I believe this is due to a flaw in their butterfly membrane and that there is a programme through which these can be replaced.

The mac is from the US so I’m curious if anyone here has had any luck taking a US mac to either the iStore or digicape for a keyboard repair. My understanding is that the MBP warranty is meant to be international but I know the iStore can sometimes be full of crap.

abilibo

Had a similar problem with the same mac. Took it in and was told that it was liquid damaged. Ended up costing my insurance 13k

Ghost02

Expert Member
Had a similar problem with the same mac. Took it in and was told that it was liquid damaged. Ended up costing my insurance 13k

Thanks, who did you take it to? Also, who was your insurer? Is it covered under your normal household or did you have to specify it?

abilibo

Thanks, who did you take it to? Also, who was your insurer? Is it covered under your normal household or did you have to specify it?
Istore in Bloem. It was then sent to Joburg. Yeah claimed it as part of normal household from sanlam.