MacBook pro repairs - Randburg

JBenci

I have a 13" mac book pro. The screen has died. Core quoted me 12k to replace the screen. Ouch. is there a place that could replace or repair it for a more reasonable price? Bonus points if its around Randburg / Cresta that area.

Thank you.

neoprema

Expert Member
I have a 13" mac book pro. The screen has died. Core quoted me 12k to replace the screen. Ouch. is there a place that could replace or repair it for a more reasonable price? Bonus points if its around Randburg / Cresta that area.

Thank you.
That Core Group really need to be shutdown one day. bunch if incompetent money-making sods. they once gave me back a Macbook with a replaced motherboard - and gave it back with a cracked screen in multiple places and a big piece of the aluminium chipped out on the left. Told me its my fault I booked it in like that!

Thankfully their own staff completed the book-in form and said "no physical damage" on it and i had a witness when i took it in who confirmed the screen and chassis were perfect.

That place is a corrupt cesspool.

CoreGroup wouldn't be so less empathetic to desperate people in need of restoring their expensive gadgets - the Macs if they didn't have the backing of Apple, something that is going to hurt a lot of South Africans unfortunately. Apple is a big giant and unfortunately we seem to think that their products are the best in the market and we give them that leverage in return making them think they can do as they please. Having Core as the only service provider for repairs is unjustified. I bought a laptop an Incredible Connection Pav Westville, and within 8 months the laptop packed up, I took it in under warranty and they sent it to Core who decided to diagnose it as water damaged so that they(incredible & Apple) can avoid a replacement whereas there was no water damage. I took it to 3 other repairs centres and no one gave such a diagnosis. They wrote on the report slip water damage and quoted that the repair will cost R26935.40 whereas I bought it for R24999,00, now tell me how do you begin to even process this as a normal person. It is ridiculous! What did I do?I went to Apple direct and unfortunately they backed them because Core save them money by ridiculing the poor customers like me. This is my son's academic working tool I am talking about, and as a parent you don't want to waste time with people that want to be on way of your kids future, leave them to karma will deal with them. I then called MacShack in Bryanston to replace a battery because in my research I found out it was a battery problem which Incredible and Apple were supposed to replace under warranty. MacShack replaced a battery within a week and the Mac is working perfectly so far. JBenci talk to MacShack I have no doubt that you will pay much less than that. I am using a Mac 13" and paid R12000.00 brand new, so how can a screen replacement cost you R12000.00? I can back my story with official correspondence back and forth with them, this is not a stunt to bring a company down this is my legitimate story incase you are wondering.

Venomous

Honorary Master

Thank you.
Go to trinity vilage. Closer to mozambiq restaurant side. Not sure what it is called, but upstairs there is a place that repairs macs, iphones and such..
Trinity village is in randpark ridge.

momo786

Try e.c.Mac http://ecmac.com

They in Bryanston on Ballyclare just off William Nicol (they used to be in Atholl Square in Santon but moved out due to robberies)

Got good service recently to replace a hard drive on my MBP.

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Sorry to hear about your experience. Which MacBook Pro model is it ? Perhaps you can send me pics and I’ll see how I can help out.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Which MacBook Pro model is it ? Perhaps you can send me pics and I’ll see how I can help out.
Hi, Its a Mac Pro 2015 with Retina display. my son is studying graphic design and this type cam up as preference for their studies. It seems to be ok since the new battery was installed, I am just praying and hoping that we don't have anymore issues, but thanks for your offer. Will shout if I need help.

greg0205

Honorary Master
There's a store called MegaGraphix in Cresta itself. They sell and repair Apple gear.

I can't speak to their screen and repair prices, but I've bought less critical gear from them to do my own thing...

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Hi, Its a Mac Pro 2015 with Retina display. my son is studying graphic design and this type cam up as preference for their studies. It seems to be ok since the new battery was installed, I am just praying and hoping that we don't have anymore issues, but thanks for your offer. Will shout if I need help.
I would get the Mac insured, less hassle in the long run. I used to work at iStore a few years ago. The amount of devices that fail due to poor design flaws on the majority of products is rather shocking.

Apple needs to reduce the number of products being released and improve the quality.