manage usage limit

etienne-nel

hello
i'm not sure how to explain this so i'm going to give it my best... i have both my numbers on the foschini groups one2one contract, so with cable theft i wanted to load the one week package containing 5gb data for R200, i went on fnb and bought enough additional airtime to load that package and couldn't no matter what i do because of a usage limit set on zero, and i can't change that limit because i have to contact my service provider. i contacted one2one first they "does not set limits to your ability to use prepaid vouchers for the purchasing of airtime and data " so i went and contacted mtn and they keep saying "to contact Foschini retail group for further assistance " so this is going in a circle as foschini will advise me to contact one2one off course so i'm not going to bother.... had anyone had such issue?

Attachments

Legionair

hello
i'm not sure how to explain this so i'm going to give it my best... i have both my numbers on the foschini groups one2one contract, so with cable theft i wanted to load the one week package containing 5gb data for R200, i went on fnb and bought enough additional airtime to load that package and couldn't no matter what i do because of a usage limit set on zero, and i can't change that limit because i have to contact my service provider. i contacted one2one first they "does not set limits to your ability to use prepaid vouchers for the purchasing of airtime and data " so i went and contacted mtn and they keep saying "to contact Foschini retail group for further assistance " so this is going in a circle as foschini will advise me to contact one2one off course so i'm not going to bother.... had anyone had such issue?
Have you tried to the mtn app?
You can also set limits on the app, as well as do purchases

Legionair

I had to much trouble with the foshini group. Basically they own your mtn number, you can't stop the contract, unless you lose your number. So you have to go through foshini group and not mtn direct. If you still have issues, I have a long cut that should work

etienne-nel

no i don't have the app at all i only saw mentions of the app when i visited the mtn website and now when you mentioned it, i'll give it a go later on thank you for your reply

Legionair

Awesome. Their is another way... buy a prepaid card... load the data there... sheet transferring your airtime... load the data and do data share.
I have a 60 plus 60 gig for 299 monthly from mtn... I share with wifi router, my dad, wife's dad, wife. Google data share

etienne-nel

that is what i'm looking at i'm getting tired of cable theft, i use my phone now as a wifi hotspot and the mtn data download and upload results are better than my telkom line 8mb through afrihost

etienne-nel

with 4 different speedtests i got between 5mb and 13 download and 2mb and 8mb upload, yeah there is also downsides of using the internet this way but at least no cable theft yet there

etienne-nel

i can't change my max usage limit which is on R0 and neither my current usage limit which is also on R0, i'll give the foschini group two days to contact me then do your long way you told me about buying a prepaid card

Legionair

Good luck. Have you tested telkom... if you have coverage, Buy a telkom prepaid and buy a bundle... its cheap using mo nice.... *123#