Managing/Recording CPD hours

ld13

Honorary Master
So over the weekend I sorted out a friend's computer, again - seems like a faulty SATA cable I missed the previous time was the root cause of all his random issues all along, but I digress. He asked me about this previously and to date I do not have a clear-cut or easy answer for him:

He currently manages his and his wife's CPD requirements by means of a excel spreadsheet and a dropbox type of setup that seems extremely cumbersome and not at all cohesive.

Is there an easier solution out there? My last google adventure on this topic only delivered dollar and pound signs. :crying:

Meelperd

:unsure: Excel is such a beast of a program - I can't think of anything better.
I dunno - maybe the sheet is just poorly laid out or something? What if we can get our hands on a draft?

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
excel or google sheets, what are they recording, what they did and for how long to meet a certain amount of hours over a set time? (off topic slightly but it seems very silly to measure things things way, but yes I get certain degrees/programs/professions require it)

Meelperd

what are they recording, what they did and for how long to meet a certain amount of hours over a set time?
Ditto. Medical personnel mostly, but also crucial to pilots and I guess any other industry where safety is so serious that being up to date is more important than showing up for work! ;)

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Ditto. Medical personnel mostly, but also crucial to pilots and I guess any other industry where safety is so serious that being up to date is more important than showing up for work! ;)
i'm not against the need to do it, but the method to track it, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from logging time above what you do for example, likewise what might take me 30 minutes to understand and practise will take someone else less or more.