Mango pilots on strike

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
6% is a bit low, but:
Cape Town – Mango Airlines made a net loss of R36.9m in the year ended March 2016, its most recent financial statements show
http://www.fin24.com/Companies/Indu...ls-financial-state-of-mango-airlines-20161115

Unsure. Looking at the financials, Mango did increase revenue quite a bit though, loss incurred probably due to dollar denominated costs.

Wonder what salary increase they actually asked for...

At least inflation is my guess.

Stillie

Expert Member
im flying to CT on Wednesday with Mango!!!!! Hope its sorted by then....... First time im going so this would suck badly if i cant fly down

Wall

Sports Addict
Flying to DBN on Wednesday evening - this better be sorted out by then!

FFS - I've got a long weekend planned in DBN ( Diwali with family) :mad:

dlk001

Executive Member
Our work flights were served with a notice

Possible industrial action by Airlink cabin attendants (SATAWU)

Airlink was served with a notice by SATAWU earlier today that Airlink’s cabin attendants will embark on industrial action on Monday, 16 October 2017. Airlink management has devised a contingency plan to mitigate the effects of this action and has paid special attention to ensure continuity on the JNB-SIS and JNB-TFA routes in a bid to honour our obligations to Kumba.

The situation is however volatile at this point and it is difficult to predict what exactly will happen on Monday morning. We will remain in contact with you through the course of the weekend as information becomes available.

Hosehead

Executive Member
Airlink is private. They should fire the strikers and bring in off duty crews

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I will never fly mango again. The news reports that their pilots didn't arrive for work as they are on strike, and the mango spokesman says no flights have been affected.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I will never fly mango again. The news reports that their pilots didn't arrive for work as they are on strike, and the mango spokesman says no flights have been affected.

Autonomous take off, cruise and landing. Lol

Cadets sitting behind controls waiting to intercept any mishaps

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Gotta say I'm genuinely shocked by the lack of outrage. This being subsidiary of an SOC currently in ICU.

Last edited: