Massive data breach at Quora

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Massive data breach at Quora

Quora CEO Adam D'Angelo has confirmed that over 100 million registered Quora users had their personal information accessed by an unauthorised third party.

The breach, which Quora discovered on 30 November, accessed account information including email addresses, encrypted passwords, public content such as questions and answers, and private content including direct messages.

eg2505

Honorary Master
good thing I get the haveibeenpwned messages, and have 2fa switched on on literally everything that supports it,

saved my bacon multiple times for sure.

eg2505

Honorary Master
How does that relate to quora? Did you get a message from haveibeenpwned? Do you have 2fa turned on for quora?

How does all of that stop your data ending up in the wild?

Or are you suggesting you use the same password all over?
I use different passwords and lastpassword to keep everything, and 2fa always where its around,
I dont even have a quora account,

but haviibeenpwned has mailed me multiple times when my password gets hacked, so Im very well aware how easily databases get breached.

system32

Expert Member
Best responses:

1. People are upset that an information sharing service shared their information?

2. It wasn’t really a breach.
Someone just went on Quora, and asked the community, “what would it be like if a file containing all of Quora’s user data were on my computer?” and one of the moderators answered.​

3. I am sure there is a Quora article on ... How to guard against hackers.