Me & You free R50 package

cavedog

Honorary Master
Just in case anyone wants free stuff. Me&You Mobile is offering their R50 package free of charge for 6 months. Credit limit is fixed @ R150 minimum and you need to pay R29 connection fee and R60 delivery.

Other than that if you stay within your R50 bundle it is 100% free. Not a bad deal at all. Call rates @ 79c per minute is also decent which means it is good for 63min of free talk time every month if you don't use data or sms/mms

RichardG

Honorary Master
Thank you!

Impressive service from Me&You Mobile!

Peace of mind uploading RICA documents than handing them over to the courier company within 5 minutes was up and running after activating my sim cards on their portal.

Breakdown in cost:
2 x R29 = R58 (you're allowed to sim cards on the promotion deal - read rhe fine print carefully)
R60 courier fee, total damage R118.

Ordered on Friday evening, thanks to cavedog for informing me - was hesitant at first. Monday afternoon thet dispatched the parcel from Umlanga, on Tuesday morning in my hands(Johannesburg).

Since they making use of cell c infrastructure the signal isn't strong in my area, not porting my number over, once the promotion ends will terminate my service with them.

airborne

Honorary Master
Hi RichardG, not surprised to see you here, Mybb's very own thrift king ;)

Who is Me & You and what is this offer?

RichardG

Honorary Master
Hi RichardG, not surprised to see you here, Mybb's very own thrift king ;)

Who is Me & You and what is this offer?
R50 free airtime x 6 months (first month is pro rata), there is a catch you've to pay courier fee R60 + R29 connection per sim card,only 2 promotional sim cards allowed on each ID number. Billing is accurate! I keep the sim cards in a phone that doesn't have smartphone capabilities, don't want any bill shocker..

Ordered on Friday, was up and running first thing on Tuesday morning.. Each Sim card gives you 60 minutes talk time for free each month, monitor usage on their website.

d7e7r7

Executive Member
Why do you have to worry about and monitor usage? Can't you just set a limit of R50 so it won't go over your allocated R50 free?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ahhhhh did not know that.
Yup and also Vodacom 3G roaming in some areas like most of Northern KZN full Vodacom 3G roaming is enabled. It's a Cellc thing with their roaming agreement with Vodacom so Me&You gets the benefits too.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Do you get access to voacom and cell c's Lte network as well?
Not Vodacom's. When roaming on Vodacom you can only get the HSDPA 14.4Mbps speed max even if the tower supports DC-HSDPA.

I have not tested LTE on Me&You with Cellc because I do not have LTE coverage but I'm sure that Cellc's LTE will work fine on Me&You

airborne

Honorary Master
Can someone please explain in a nutshell what the advantage of this deal is again?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Can someone please explain in a nutshell what the advantage of this deal is again?
Well if you got it back then it's basically been running for a year now and does not cost a cent apart from the initial R29 connection fee and delivery fee.

R50 free credit for data or phoning each month. +- 40min of talk time to any network any time for 1 year already and still going strong and still free. Since you were allowed 2 deals that is 80mins a month x 12 month = 960min of free calls you could have had in the last year.

Pretty epic deal. Still have my simcards and they still work and do not cost a cent. No debit unless I over use which I normally don't do. :)