• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Mecer 1200LKBS Inverter

B@rrels

Expert Member
I am trying to connect my Mercer Inverter to my solar panels.This specific inverter used to have a solar charger as a separate item but has come to the end of the production line.I have tried a cheap Chinese PWM controller that just pushes the battery power back up to the panel and discharges in no time.So I bought a Microcare 30A MPPT solar controller which does not charge the batteries in the event of a power outage.While the sun shines it shows no discharge on the inverter battery indicator but with no solar the battery is almost flat...recharge with mains.There seems to be some interface in this inverter that blocks an outside charge.

Anyone tried solar on this inverter.

B@rrels

Expert Member
I am trying to connect my Mercer Inverter to my solar panels.This specific inverter used to have a solar charger as a separate item but has come to the end of the production line.I have tried a cheap Chinese PWM controller that just pushes the battery power back up to the panel and discharges in no time.So I bought a Microcare 30A MPPT solar controller which does not charge the batteries in the event of a power outage.While the sun shines it shows no discharge on the inverter battery indicator but with no solar the battery is almost flat...recharge with mains.There seems to be some interface in this inverter that blocks an outside charge.

Anyone tried solar on this inverter.
Have located and ordered an internal solar charge module for this inverter..Hopefully troubles are over