Metrofibre: International Speeds - Is This Normal?

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
I've had issues over the last few days with international speeds:
1537286445059.png

I must admit I've never tested international before today on Metrofibre, but I'm 99% sure my fibre was performing a lot better internationally before than since the weekend.

Surely it should be higher than ~16% of local?

I have reported it to Metrofibre, who have said that it looks fine on their side.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Are you in Midrand ?

Centurion.

What's curious is that our offices, in Cape Town, Durban and Sandton , are experiencing similar issues but they're on Cybersmart. Not really sure what to make of this. Last night I got 2Mb/s on international speedtest.

EADC

Executive Member
I've had issues over the last few days with international speeds:

I must admit I've never tested international before today on Metrofibre, but I'm 99% sure my fibre was performing a lot better internationally before than since the weekend.

Surely it should be higher than ~16% of local?

I have reported it to Metrofibre, who have said that it looks fine on their side.

Does it happen on a constant basis? mine seems to happen on the odd occasion but not for extended periods.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Does it happen on a constant basis? mine seems to happen on the odd occasion but not for extended periods.

It's been like this since the weekend. Every international speedtest is like that, no matter where I test from.

At least I got a reply from Metrofibre now, acknowledging the issue:
1537342680390.png

Not sure why they were so adamant yesterday about everything being fine and today they acknowledge it like they've known about it for a few days already, but anyway.

EADC

Executive Member
It's been like this since the weekend. Every international speedtest is like that, no matter where I test from.

At least I got a reply from Metrofibre now, acknowledging the issue:

Not sure why they were so adamant yesterday about everything being fine and today they acknowledge it like they've known about it for a few days already, but anyway.

Oh right, will test when I get home see if my area is affected.