MFN Go live

ZANAIDOC

Hi All
Quick question, how long does it generally take for CI to update their coverage map after an area goes live?
MFN went live last week in my area as per their coverage map and reps, but i dont find it in CI coverage map.

Thanx Guys

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
MFN aren't very forthcoming with 3rd party ISPs, so not surprising they would update their map but not send the maps out so to speak. What is your application ref?

ZANAIDOC

Thanks @PBCool, haven’t done the application yet, will do it this week, directly via your sales team if the map is still not updated.

ZANAIDOC

Sent you the address, Also got a call from my MFN account manager (I use them at work, hence i have an account manager) to let me know that the area is live. How soon will CISP update there map?

ZANAIDOC

thank you @PBCool i will do the application shortly
Any whats the lead time for the install? the fibre drop to the house is already done , i guess i will just need the ONT to be installed and activated.
I will be using my own router.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
thank you @PBCool i will do the application shortly
Any whats the lead time for the install? the fibre drop to the house is already done , i guess i will just need the ONT to be installed and activated.
I will be using my own router.
Just depends on MFN really and also a new area, guideline is always 2 weeks.

ZANAIDOC

Thanks for all the help @PBCool , sign up done .... cant wait for my 100/100
hope the install happens quickly not like some horror stories ive been reading here.
(#COOL-20210205-604293)

ZANAIDOC

looks like i spoke too soon ...... Already getting issues with my address.

Staff - 05/02/2021 11:16 AM

Good Morning Dayalan,

Thank you for your mail.

We have placed your order with MetroFibre. However, the order is under repair orders, because your address is not available on the MetroFibre portal and we are waiting for a feedback as to why is the address not available on the portal and once we have received a feedback we will inform you accordingly.

Kind Regards

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
looks like i spoke too soon ...... Already getting issues with my address.

Staff - 05/02/2021 11:16 AM

Good Morning Dayalan,

Thank you for your mail.

We have placed your order with MetroFibre. However, the order is under repair orders, because your address is not available on the MetroFibre portal and we are waiting for a feedback as to why is the address not available on the portal and once we have received a feedback we will inform you accordingly.

Kind Regards
MFN is never simple :)

ZANAIDOC

@PBCool need your help if you can... I spoke to MFN about this and they can confirm that they have orders already from other ISp's for my street... not sure why CI are not able to place the order with MFN.

Please help look into this...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool need your help if you can... I spoke to MFN about this and they can confirm that they have orders already from other ISp's for my street... not sure why CI are not able to place the order with MFN.

Please help look into this...
We deal directly with MFN, there is no point in reaching out to them as a customer.

They will simply say there are orders from the area. Not specific to your address so you will get a general answer vs us placing actual orders. Believe what the connect team are telling you as this is what we get told during the order process for your location.

Please be a bit more patient for me :)

ZANAIDOC

Hi @PBCool
ONT installed by MFN .....
How long does it normally take to activate with Ci and get the PPPOE account details ?