MiBox4/Netflix can't see network

mikekaplan

PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST IF IT IS UNDER THE WRONG FORUM
Hi there,
Last week Vox/Telkom installed a DSL line to my house - there was no phone line previously.
Technician set up the D-Link router modem and tested the 2,4 network on my (5 yr old) laptop - all good.
The 5g wifi connection was also seen by my laptop and worked. Technician leaves.
I renamed the 2.4g network to a new name and password I could remember - on my laptop, rescanned for networks, finds the new name, I type in the password, all good.
On my 6 yr old samsung phone, it sees both networks, I choose the renamed 2.4 network and all good.
Same process on my wifes7 year old samsung phone.
Now try Mibox4/Netflix - only sees the 5g connection so I connect to that and it works. Choose "add network" and type in the 2.4g name and password - nothing happens just goes back to showing the 5g connection.
Exactly the same story on my wife's 6 year old tablet.
Spent hours on the phone to both Telkom and Vox and no help.
Can someone please help - the 5g connection just stops sometimes - just get the little circle going round and round - I don't want to use it.
In order to cast from my laptop to the Mibox, obviously both have to be on the same connection - I really need to get the 2.4g connection working.
Many thanks