Microsoft announces Lumia 640

mister

Executive Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
9,153
Reaction score
2,482
Location
Durban
The Lumia 640 builds off of the strengths of the Lumia 635 but brings none of the drawbacks. With improved hardware and a larger, 720P display, the Lumia 640's dual-SIM LTE design should open Windows Phone to a whole new market.

Additionally, Microsoft is tossing in a one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote on the Lumia as well as on one PC or Mac and one tablet. The subscription comes with 1TB of OneDrive storage and 60 free minutes of Skype Unlimited Worldwide calling per month.

Lumia 640 Specifications

Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
Windows 10 Ready
Colors: Glossy cyan, orange and white, as well as matte black
Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8926), 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
5" HD (1280x720, 16:9) IPS LCD, 294 PPI, Glance screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Sunlight readability enhancements
1GB RAM
8 GB internal mass memory + up to 128 GB Micro SD & 30GB free OneDrive cloud storage
Rear camera: 8 MP AF (3280x2464), f/2.2, 28 mm, 1080p @ 30 fps video (continuous autofocus), Flash: LED, Lumia Camera 5.0 (with Dynamic Flash, HDR)
Front camera: HD 1 MP wide angle, f/2.4, 720p video
Connectivity: BT 4.0, microUSB2.0, Micro SIM, A-GPS+GLONASS, BeiDou, DLNA, Screen cloning with Miracast, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n/
Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor
Battery: 2500 mAh (BV-T5C) removable battery
Weight: 145 g
Size: 141.3 x 72.2 x 8.85 mm

Is that 1GB of ram? or 640MB? :D

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-announces-lumia-640

http://www.windowscentral.com/my-thoughts-lumia-640-and-lumia-640-xl
 
Last edited:
Ermmm. Let me see :whistle: :erm:

Wow. Actually, yes. Nice.

I checked on GS Marena and the specs are pretty decent.

Haven't looked at the XL version but the basic LTE model looks good spec-wise.

Here are the impressive details:
- 8MP main camera (for an affordable phone very nice)
- 1GB RAM
- 1MP FFC
- LED Flash
- 5.0 inches (XL = 5.7 inches)
- Denim
- 190 Euro

Its actually better than my 925.

It looks like 'my next' :p

I wonder if there is a Dual Sim XL model :love:

Edit:
Actually there is. Wow, wow, wow. Very impressed.
 
Last edited:
Wow. Actually, yes. Nice.

I checked on GS Marena and the specs are pretty decent.

Haven't looked at the XL version by the basic LTE model looks good spec-wise.

Here are the impressive details:
- 8MP (for an affordable phone very nice)
- 1GB RAM
- 1MP FFC
- LED Flash
- 5.0 inches
- Denim

Its actually better than my 925.

I looks like 'my next' :p

I wonder if there is a Dual Sim XL model :love:

;)

Now, if the 640 looked like the XL it would've been perfecter!
But otherwise, I'd totally consider this...been looking for something other than android...so who knows :)
 
;)

Now, if the 640 looked like the XL it would've been perfecter!
But otherwise, I'd totally consider this...been looking for something other than android...so who knows :)

Lol. I actually haven't had a look at the picture. I don't know what it looks like.

Specs are all the sh*t to me.

But, let me have a look now. Now that you've mentioned it.

Edit:
I like the running girl on the screen. I'm sold :love: :whistle: :D
 
Last edited:
Wow.

I missed the microSD card slot. Expandable to 128GB.

All my boxes are ticked :)

Also, the XL has the following extras:
- 13MP main camera
- 5MP FFC
- Longer lasting battery
- More matte finish options
 
Last edited:
Wow.

I missed the microSD card slot. Expandable to 128GB.

All my boxes are ticked :)

Also, the XL has the following extras:
- 13MP main camera
- 5MP FFC
- Longer lasting battery
- More matte finish options

Yeah, it's really good -both devices, actually. Now we just have to wait for the price. If they can keep true -or close to - the Euro or $ then this phone will be hard to beat. (If you're looking for a windows "budget" phone.)
 
R2400 on Orange for the 640 LTE.

I bought a 535 for R1300 the other day, and it's just awesome for the price. I think I will give it to a family member, and upgrade to the 640.
 
Orange online store aside, does anyone know what retail shops would be the first to have stock of the 640?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X