Microsoft launches new Office for consumers

Valerion

Expert Member
So .... double the price of Google's offering, and available on a limited number of devices (5, from the article). And it does't include the real money-spinners (like Visio). So that is an additional fee, most likely.

Office Home Premium costs around R1,900. $100 is a tad over R900 right now. So you'd pay it off in just over 2 years. MS releases a new Office suite every 3 years. So buying the packaged version every few years is still slightly cheaper than Office 365.

So it's more expensive than Google's offering, and more expensive than buying it outright. Why would I want this, again?

deanstein

Around 90 Million iPads sold to date and still no support. Microsoft just don't get it.

Allin

Expert Member
I would hate to be dependent on something that seemingly requires an internet connection to be fully functional.

DjStyles

Expert Member
I would hate to be dependent on something that seemingly requires an internet connection to be fully functional.
Have to agree with you on this. I cant see myself being dependent on an internet connection to be able to work in my documents.

diegoa

Expert Member
Pricing from SA suppliers are:

OFFICE 2013 HOME AND BUSINESS EDITION - FPP ~ R1,749.00 Excl. VAT
OFFICE 2013 HOME AND STUDENT EDITION - FPP ~ R719.00 Excl. VAT
OFFICE 2013 PROFESSIONAL EDITION - FPP ~ R3,199.00 Excl. VAT