Microsoft launches Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Microsoft launches Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Microsoft announced that its Windows 10 May 2019 Update has now begun rolling out to users around the world.

The update includes a number of new features, including a new light theme and Windows Sandbox, and Microsoft said the rollout of the update would be implemented gradually to minimise the potential for widespread issues.

gamer16

Executive Member
“Being on the latest version of Windows 10, the May 2019 Update, provides you with the latest features, more control over updates, and greater transparency for a better update experience,” Microsoft said.
Once someone knows can you please let us know what they mean by more control over updates? If it means I can stop them downloading and installing all together I may consider switching back to 10.

nelis

Expert Member
Once someone knows can you please let us know what they mean by more control over updates? If it means I can stop them downloading and installing all together I may consider switching back to 10.
Please remind me what is so bad about windows updates. i know it's annoying as hell but they don't release updates as much as people think. Also yes you can pause updates for longer but heck i tend to keep my windows up to date and I play lots of games and never had windows interrupt me cause of windows updates.

gamer16

Executive Member
Please remind me what is so bad about windows updates. i know it's annoying as hell but they don't release updates as much as people think. Also yes you can pause updates for longer but heck i tend to keep my windows up to date and I play lots of games and never had windows interrupt me cause of windows updates.
There is a likelihood that your Windows will be bricked, and also of data loss. There are threads all over the forum regarding these things.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
1809 First release, nuff said.

Nobody Important

Executive Member
With the launch of this update, the Windows 10 April 2018 Update is approaching end of service. Windows 10 users on this update or earlier will automatically receive the May 2019 Update.
I hope so. Apart from one laptop, all the others at home are stuck on 1803 despite receiving regular "cumulative updates".

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
From personal experience wait a month or two untill all the serious bugs are fixed, I also recommend doing a fresh install with each major update such as 1703->1709->1803->1809->1903

I know it sounds like a pain in the ass but this will ensure everything runs in tip top shape.