Microsoft Office on your iPad

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
CloudOn is a new app that lets you create and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents in your Dropbox http://site.cloudon.com

Seems to work pretty well and best of all it's free :) One small hitch is that it's currently only available to US account holders. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloudon/id474025452?mt=8

Last edited:

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Mind the fine print:

What does "Remaining time" mean?

Currently, CloudOn is completely free and and there is no time limit.

In this first release, we would like to allow you to be more productive on the iPad. We are looking forward to your feedback so that we may better understand what you’d like to use CloudOn for.

At some point in the future, CloudOn may become a time-based service. For now, however, you can work in CloudOn as long as you’d like.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Mind the fine print:
Still, it makes for a useful app while we're waiting on Microsoft to release their iOS Office app. :)

iPad at home, lappie on the road and office.
I've been able to cut down on my laptop dependancy quite a bit thanks to the iPad, especially for the more mundane day to day tasks. TBH my camera/laptop bag already weighs too much (25kg+) so if I can shave off a couple of kg by leaving my laptop at home and still retain the same level of productivity I'm all for it. :D

biometrics

Honorary Master
25 kg!

I don't think the iPad or laptop is your problem :p

Ps I've had a Lenovo X300 for years now, it weighs very little. A slew of ultra portables will be released at CES.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
25 kg!

I don't think the iPad or laptop is your problem :p

Ps I've had a Lenovo X300 for years now, it weighs very little. A slew of ultra portables will be released at CES.
Unfortunately most of this stuff isn't optional:

zamicro

Expert Member
So you had to descend to using a nikon to take a pic of your canons :p

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Dunno if I want to use a Microsoft product on my iPad?

I use numbers all the time when AFK and must say its a brilliant app, it already has too many features to use on the iPad but it's nice knowing they there for when you will need to seriously format a doc one day.

McGuywer

Executive Member
I use the Kenya store. Would I lose my other apps if I change to the US store and install CloudOn?

greg0205

Honorary Master
I use the Kenya store. Would I lose my other apps if I change to the US store and install CloudOn?

Not at all... The only thing you'll find is that you'll need to log out of the Kenya store and into the US store for updates on apps bought in the US store. Takes a couple of seconds.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Not at all... The only thing you'll find is that you'll need to log out of the Kenya store and into the US store for updates on apps bought in the US store. Takes a couple of seconds.

I meant if I just change the store in iTunes, would I lose any apps? Keeping the same Apple ID.

vinodh

Expert Member
I had to create an ID for the US store and another one for the SA store. The apps from both stores remain on the device. Just need to keep logging in and out of both stores to get updates.