Mini Ovens - which one?

Napalm2880

Expert Member
I have a mini oven where the elements at the bottom are not exposed. This made cleaning it MUCH easier. Can't remember the brand but it wasn't anything fancy (maybe Defy?). I bought it in about 2003 for around R900. It lasted throughout my student years and now our tenant is using it. Never had a single issue.

ekske1

Executive Member
I have a mini oven where the elements at the bottom are not exposed. This made cleaning it MUCH easier. Can't remember the brand but it wasn't anything fancy (maybe Defy?). I bought it in about 2003 for around R900. It lasted throughout my student years and now our tenant is using it. Never had a single issue.
That's the other one I am looking at
https://www.makro.co.za/appliances/defy-/br-30-l-compact-oven-361056EA?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvsTpnNTn3QIVx7HtCh294w7PEAQYBSABEgLJevD_BwE

We do alot more than chips in ours. Even the kids do their own thing. Pretty easy to use and clean once you have the hang of it. And it's quick.
Power consumption order for reheating (my best guess)

microwave > airfryer > mini oven > oven ?

Polly101

My vote goes to a solardom unless you specifically need the hot plates - oven, steamer and micro in one

if you need a hot plate then get a little induction device

stephaniermain

Which one is really good?

They don't seem to look great either :laugh:

The only "voted brand" I could find in RSA was the Breville but that's like 4k and up. I am currently looking at the Taurus28 Litre Mini Oven with 2 Solid Hotplates

https://www.yuppiechef.com/taurus.htm?id=18919&name=Taurus-28-Litre-Mini-Oven-with-2-Solid-Hotplates

So what for? Well small items that one would normally create in oven or reheating purposes.
If you're just reheating leftovers or heating small portions, Hamilton Beach (model 31126) toaster oven should be considered. Healthy Kitchen 101 said the price hovers under 100 buck, fits your needs nicely. Now that you know better, keep an eye out for it next time you're shopping.