Monetizing Wifi access for Tenants

Monka

Good day all,

I have a client who has flats and he would like to install a fibre line in his building to offer his tenants internet at fee.

He would like to issue the tenants with username and password and allocate data to their user accounts.

May you kindly advise on the infrastructure required as well as softwares to manage users.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Simple. He must register himself as an ISP/comms service provider and become a reseller of services..
Otherwise, all he has to do is ensure access to licensed service providers and then get out of the way.

SAguy

Executive Member
He would need to be an ISP provider/reseller do this legally AFAIK. I doubt his ISP would be happy if he just resold his connection, but I may be wrong.

If you insist though have a look at Uniquiti Unifi devices and their Voucher system and captive guest portal. You can't limit for a specific device, but you can issue a connection voucher that people can use.

Thor

Honorary Master
R60K for the licenses and then around R50k for a developer to setup freeradius and the configuration scripts for the routers plus GUI and then a monthly retainer to manage it.

(not worth it.)

TedLasso

Expert Member
To add, he also then needs to hire someone to do tech support, cos some his customers, will have issues with the internet, upstream routing, latency which he as an ISP would need deal with.

He will not want people coming here to b I t c h and moan about him

#MyBBLife